eight

Sooyoung and Doyoung had finished up dinner at Doyoung's place, now going out for a late night drive since Sooyoung didn't have the work the next day.

"Where is that you're taking me to the point where the roads are all dark and we're out of the city?" Sooyoung turned to Doyoung who was focused on driving in the small mountain-like roads in the night.

"You'll see." Doyoung simply responded to her, not sparring a glance. "Once you see it, you're going to thank me."

"Okay." Sooyoung slumped on her seat, a little bit impatient since they've been driving for over half an hour now.

Ten minutes later, Doyoung parked his car on the side of the road, turning the engine off and get out of the car, slamming it shut. Sooyoung was confused and got out the car also.

Sooyoung watched Doyoung walking on the trail, a couple of meters ahead of her, not looking back to wait for her.

She jogged a little bit to catch up with him and thanked the Lord that she was in causal clothing instead of her scrubs. "Hey! Wait up!"

Doyoung stopped and turned around, seeing that Sooyoung caught up to his pace. He continued walking as she trailed behind him.

Doyoung and Sooyoung have reached the edge of the hill, seeing the beautiful city lights with the female gasping in awe.

"It's so beautiful." Sooyoung turned to Doyoung. "How did you find this place?"

"I go here when I get angry with my parents." Doyoung sat on a huge rock with Sooyoung sitting next to him, facing the city.

"I know you haven't elaborated much with your family situation, but what's going on?" Sooyoung placed her arm on Doyoung's back, giving him reassurance. "Even though we haven't known each other for long, I'll let you know that you can always trust me. I'll listen to whatever worries you have."

Doyoung listened to Sooyoung's words carefully and stared into the sky, ready to elaborate. "My parents want me to take over Spectrum but I'm not interested in business. I'm interested in the medical field like you, except that I took Biomedical Engineering as a major. I want to make tools that can help doctor, surgeons, and nurses save more lives. That's my passion."

"You have an excellent mindset of what you like to do." Sooyoung complimented Doyoung.

"Taeyong helped me found a job, but hopefully this job gets me out of the trap zone." Doyoung let out a bitter chuckle. Sooyoung noticed his bitterness and wrapped her arms around him.

"If it helps, I'll give you a hug. Hugs are nice and make everything better." Sooyoung leaned on Doyoung's shoulder. "Thanks for sharing with me."

"Thanks for listening to me." Doyoung found his arms and made his way to hug Sooyoung back.

"Anytime."

-

"Where is my son?" Mr. Kim boomed at his wife who was currently in the mansion together. "He hasn't picked up my calls for the past couple of days. Do I need Mr. Nam to hunt him down?"

"I don't think it's necessary." Mrs. Kim replied, while reading her magazine.

"I have control over him, I can do whatever I want." Mr. Kim scoffed, leaving his wife alone.

-

"What movie do you want to watch?" Doyoung asked Sooyoung who was sitting on the couch in his luxurious apartment.

"Anything works for me." Sooyoung shrugged pulling a blanket over her, getting comfortable in her seating position. "Just not horror, please."

"What about The Heirs?" Doyoung asked, pushing buttons with his remote to find the movie on the television. Sooyoung nodded.

The movie started playing and Doyoung placed the remote down on the coffee table, grabbing a different blanket than Sooyoung to cover himself too, being mindful of personal space.

Sooyoung and Doyoung had sat on the couch next to one another, attentively listening to the content of the movie.

"This movie is pretty interesting." Sooyoung made a comment as she continued to pay attention.

Doyoung faced her, seeing that her eyes were glue to screen, letting out a sly smile. "You must be enjoying it a lot seeing that your eyes are never leaving the screen."

"That's right." Sooyoung giggles, shushing him as he let out a chuckle at her small antics.

As the movie rolled on, Doyoung felt something landing on his right shoulder, looking down to see that Sooyoung has rested on it. He took a quick glimpse of her face and saw that she had fallen asleep.

"Sleepy head." Doyoung whispered to himself, grabbing the remote to turn off the television.

Doyoung turned to Sooyoung, using one of his hand to lift her up from the back and the other arm to get through her legs, carrying her bridal style.

He carried her to his bedroom, placing her on the bed and covering the duvet over her. He leaned down and tucked the strands behind her hair, amazed by her ethereal beauty.

"Good night, Sooyoung."

Doyoung resisted and left her alone, leaving her asleep there and got ready to end the night. He decided to settle on sleeping on his comfortable couch for the night.

-

Sooyoung woke up the next morning to the birds chirping outside and some light from the window. She got up in a sitting position, stretching, and rubbed her eyes with her hand.

She later realized she was in an unfamiliar bedroom, only to figure out later by the aesthetic that it was Doyoung's room. His room had white walls and very simple. His shelves had all his achievements and his graduation diplomas and a simple desk with his laptop. He also had his own bathroom and a walk-in closet in which Sooyoung was slightly jealous of.

Sooyoung got out of Doyoung's bed, walking out of his room smelling the good food from the kitchen. She saw that he was in apron, cooking.

"What are you making?" Sooyoung stood next to him as he was stirring the food in the pan.

"Kimchi fried rice, with a sunny-side-up egg." Doyoung winked at Sooyoung, making the girl laugh at his antics.

"Sounds delightful. I can't wait to try it." Sooyoung lightly punched his arm as the atmosphere became warmer and lighter.

Doyoung finished cooking, placing the two bowls on the table with the table setup done already. They both ate together at the table. Sooyoung took a scoop of the kimchi fried rice and place it with her mouth, lightening up with eyes widening.

"Doyoung. It tastes so good! I'm so surprised that you're such a good cook." Sooyoung complimented Doyoung who had finished chewing.

"Thanks, I would have to pick up some cooking skills anyways since I'm fully aware that I'm living by myself." Doyoung made a remark towards her.

"Well, I think it's magnificent, but you should also taste some of my cooking sometime." Sooyoung responded.

"Are we at your place missy?" Doyoung sarcastically asked the question towards her.

"No, but if we were, I would be cooking right now." Sooyoung hmphed back at Doyoung, playfully.

"You sure you wouldn't burn the kitchen down?" Doyoung teased her again.

"No, I would never be stupid enough to burn my kitchen down. If anything my younger brother Lee Haechan would do that job."

-

development ;)