eighteen

A few days after the sleepover and the kiss, it didn't cross Sooyoung and Doyoung's minds that much, but at the same time they both were thinking about it. As two introverts when it came to relationships, they both were rather silent as if nothing happened.

Doyoung had left from the hospital after visiting Sooyoung to give her the sushi that she was craving for, now going up the elevator to her floor to have her lunch break.

Sooyoung had sat at a table next to Namjoo who was stressed scrolling through her phone, but knowing her it was best not to speak to the girl at the moment.

Every bite of sushi that Sooyoung ate, she felt like the heavens were flying all over her. The sushi was so good that she could have food coma at any moment.

Namjoo placed her phone down and placing her hands on her head. "Kisang wants to get back together and I basically said no. He pulled the 'you're the only girl for me' type beat."

Sooyoung placed her chopsticks down and finished eating her piece of sushi. "He's not worth it because I bet he's going to cheat on you again. He just wants you because you're a nurse at the best hospital in Korea. He can use it to either flex or just gold dig off you."

"You're right, Sooyoung." Namjoo nodded her head, taking deep breaths and staying strong. "Thanks for your advice. Now I don't have to worry about Kisang anymore because I blocked him."

"That's definitely the best way moving on." Sooyoung checked the time that her break was over. "I'll see you around Namjoo."

"See ya Sooyoung!" Namjoo waved to Sooyoung who got out of her seat and threw her trash away.

Sooyoung passed by Jaehyun, who trade a quick hi and a wave at her and she responded by doing the same. She turned around to take a quick glance that Jaehyun was on his lunch break and settled next to Namjoo, smiling.

Since when did Jaehyun and Namjoo talk?

Sooyoung's thoughts passed her mind when she remembered about her patient. "Goo Raein, kidney disorder. I need to see if she's taking her medications."

Sooyoung walked into Raein's room knowing that she's was in a lot of pain so her bright personality wasn't showing as much. Raein was a 16 year old girl who been in the hospital for the past couple of days.

"Hello Nurse Oh." Raein politely spoke to her seeing her tray was full of medications and placing her phone down in the middle of watching YouTube videos. "I'm going to take these medications and go to sleep right?"

"Yup. It's going to help with the pain tolerance before your surgery tomorrow with Dr. Jung." Sooyoung passed a cup of water to Raein's hands while Raein took the pills from the tray.

Sooyoung did some maintenance on Raein and took her blood pressure, recording it down. "It should allow you to fall asleep right away so rest up."

"Thanks Nurse Oh." Raein yawned with Sooyoung reclining down on Raein's bed so that she could fall asleep.

Sooyoung smiled, seeing the girl asleep as she went on many rounds for the day, even to the emergency room because someone was bleeding out from a car accident. It was a day like no other.

Sooyoung had came back to the floor she usually works in meeting up with Jungwoo who looked rather confused.

"Someone came for you but you have 15 minutes of your shift left so you can go." Jungwoo spoked told Sooyoung who was confused with him giving her no context.

"Was it not Doyoung?" Sooyoung asked Jungwoo who nervously scratched his arm.

"It's rather an older man."

-

Sooyoung was at the first floor of the hospital, only to see a man in a suit approaching her. As she was still at work, she kept up the professionalism that was going to be needed.

"Hello sir, how may I help you?" Sooyoung asked the man who was serious, making her gulp.

"Oh Sooyoung right?" The man asked with Sooyoung nodding politely. "Stay away from my son, you're not good to him."

"May I ask who you are?" Sooyoung was suspicious, hinting that it could be Doyoung's father.

"I'm the father of Kim Doyoung but I don't want you associating with my son anymore. Do you perhaps know who your mother is?" Mr. Kim demanded a question.

"No sir, I don't. I was adopted." Sooyoung responded to Mr. Kim.

"You see, your mother had sued me for driving your father into debt but your father was dumb anyways so she wasted her time. Turns out he had a stroke later and you know I had to get the blame for it. Like mother like daughter." Mr. Kim spoke with evilness in his tone.

"And did you know that my son Doyoung is getting married?" Mr. Kim pulled a question on Sooyoung who was suddenly flustered. "Well if he was truly the man of yours, I guess he would've told you but look, you had to find out from me. I would suggest leaving him because after all you're hurting him like what your mother, Oh Sooyeon did to me."

"I-" Sooyoung was about to speak until Mr. Kim spoke again.

"You look rather unprofessional now at your work setting so I'm going to take my leave. Have a nice day." Mr. Kim walked out of the hospital leaving Sooyoung speechless.

Sooyoung felt like she was going to cry everything out at any moment, seeking to find a space to hide. As she was seeking though, she saw Jungwoo who looked at her in the most worried state of all time. He walked up to her wiping her tear that had just fallen down.

"I heard everything and I'm sorry." Jungwoo spoke to Sooyoung who later found a hidden room in the hospital and she cried everything out.

Man, Sooyoung's privacy was just wiped like that by an old man.

-

Doyoung, Mrs. Kim, and the Ahn's were waiting for Mr. Kim to arrive to the Ahn's place for dinner. Once Mr. Kim arrived he apologized.

"I'm sorry that I arrived later to dinner. I was running errands and there was some traffic." Mr. Kim sat down on the table next to his wife.

Doyoung ignored what his father said and ate. He felt like there was something suspicious going on with Saereom smiling for the first time and his father not angry for once.

"I would like to make an announcement." Mr. Ahn said, placing his utensils down and looking at the two children.

"Your father and I have decided that you two, Doyoung and Saereom to be in an arrange marriage." Mr. Ahn made the announcement with the mother's widening their eyes, surprised that they were not part of the discussion. The mothers were forced to abide because they weren't the head of the house.

Doyoung completely shocked with the twist of the announcement, knowing that if he weren't against it by himself it wouldn't work. He looked at Saereom who was completely happy with it, confused with her reaction too.

Something is really suspicious...

-

and the plot thickens...