three

Sooyoung was at work, tying her hair up for the day. She went to the board where the pediatric nurses and pediatric heads are. After working on Choi Eunae's case, Sooyoung's new priority patient was a 8 year old girl named Han Minyeon.

"What's the case this time chief?" Sooyoung came up to Taeyong as he passed her a clipboard with some papers.

"Similar to your last one, but the patient has low platelet counts so she gets severe nosebleeds. We're getting her a bone marrow surgery the next morning to make sure she doesn't have leukemia and then we can give her the meds." Taeyong explained to Sooyoung about Minyeon's case. "But we're also keeping her in case she gets another severe nosebleed and we don't want her to come to emergency room again."

"Thanks Taeyong." Sooyoung took the clipboard from him. "I'll get to working with Minyeon."

"Great! I also have to compliment you for being an all rounder nurse from understanding the different departments. You pick up very fast." Taeyong complimented his younger sister, patting her head.

"It's basically what I went to school for. I'm happy though, maybe quite stressful." Sooyoung chuckled while her hand is covering her mouth.

"I'm always proud of you no matter what little sister." Taeyong switched the topic. "I heard from Taeil that you were talking quite a bit to an adult patient yesterday."

"Huh?" Sooyoung tried to recall the amount of patients that she helped at the emergency department yesterday. "Do you mean Kim Doyoung?"

"Was that his name?" Taeyong narrowed his eyebrows at his sister. "What was the business?"

"He fainted and I told him to be careful next time and not to overwork himself. The man who was with him kind of scared me though. He looked like some sort of bodyguard." Sooyoung looked at the clock as she realized time was ticking fast. "I got to go Taeyong, you probably have another surgery to do."

Sooyoung dashed away from Taeyong to check on patients that the other nurses haven't had time to yet and go to Han Minyeon's room after.

Taeyong was just fazed at Sooyoung's words as he was trying to think about the Kim Doyoung guy.

Kim Doyoung as in my old university friend? The guy who's parents are quite controlling? Bodyguard? Maybe it's not him... but if it's him it would be nice to see him....

-

Sooyoung knocked on the room door, opening up to see an 8 year old girl playing with her bunny stuffed animal with her mother. The family turned around to see the nurse.

"Hello, my name is Lee Sooyoung, and I will be your nurse for the next few days. Doctor Lee Taeyong had already told me about the case and I'm here to give details about the upcoming procedures." Sooyoung smiled.

"What would we have to do so that my little Minyeon doesn't get severe nosebleeds anymore?" Mrs. Han asked Sooyoung.

"Minyeon's platelets counts are low so she is more susceptible to nosebleeds. We want to do a bone marrow surgery on her so that she doesn't have leukemia or any other blood cancers so that we can proceed with the medications. The medications will boost her platelets counts and you would see a hematologist to make sure her count is improving. She'll stay here for a week, since her other results have been abnormal. Does that sound okay? Do you have any questions?" Sooyoung asked Mrs. Han.

"When will her surgery be scheduled?" Mrs. Han asked Sooyoung.

"It will be tomorrow morning at 9:30am but Minyeon shouldn't eat or drink 12 hours prior to the surgery." Sooyoung told the mother.