thirteen

Sooyoung fluttered her eyes open the next morning since the sun was blinding through the windows. Her eyes opened slowly and she attempted to get up, only to be held back down with an arm around her. She realized that she snuggled up on Doyoung last night, blushing at her own actions.

Sooyoung looked at Doyoung's peaceful sleeping state, charming yet attractive. She didn't know what intrigued her to grow her attachment to Doyoung, but she felt happy and safe with him.

Sooyoung slowly moved her arm up from his back to his chest, now to his hair and slowly fixing it so that it looked nice.

Doyoung fluttered his eyes opened and Sooyoung immediately brought her hand down away from her face. He subconsciously tucked a strand her hair behind her eye, while being half asleep. He placed his arm back on her waist again, but more lightly.

"Good morning." Doyoung's morning voice came out, stretching his arms and yawning after. He removed his arm from Sooyoung's waist and increased the distance between the two in bed.

"Morning..." Sooyoung groaned in her morning voice, rubbing her eyes to be wide away.

"Are you feeling any better from last night?" Doyoung initiated the question.

"I wish..." Sooyoung sighed as the flashbacks came to her last night. "I'm just lost you know?"

Doyoung brought his hand to caress Sooyoung's face, making eye contact with her with soft eyes showing. "I promise, you'll be back on track soon."

"Promise?" Sooyoung's voice came out rather pouty.

"Promise." Doyoung firmly responded to Sooyoung, dedicating his situation to help her out.

Sooyoung's arms reached for Doyoung's body, pulling him closer again. She placed her head against his chest.

"I don't know why I have some sort of attachment... but I guess you make me feel secured." Sooyoung confessed, nuzzling closer to Doyoung.

Doyoung internally smiled at her sudden statement, wrapping his arm around her and pulling her closer on the bed too. "Then I'll make sure you feel secured every moment that we are together."

Sooyoung and Doyoung  continued to cuddle in bed and slept in a couple of hours after, not doing much in their day knowing that the two of them have to go to work the day after.

-

Doyoung was at work in the biomedical engineering building, cleaning up some glasses and scraps from his station that he had worked with earlier. He was then approached by his boss, Taeyeon who was holding an unfamiliar looking funnel to him.

"Doyoung, I've created a tool that allows babies and toddlers to not see the mouth injection pill that they take. Do you think it would work?" Taeyeon showed him the instrument that was created in the work building. The two coworkers sitting at a facility room right now.

"Noona, I think it should be tested by a baby in the hospital to see their reaction. The point of the instrument is to prevent the babies from turning their heads while taking the medication right?" Doyoung looked at Taeyeon, making sure he had understood the purpose that she was making.

"Yes. That is the purpose of the tool. It's a solid rubber funnel with a small hole pacifier at the end so that they can chew. The hole is very small so that the injection medication needle doesn't go back to their throats and I enabled a stopper to prevent that from happening." Taeyeon explained the instrument to Doyoung, handing it to him and he examined it carefully with his hands, coming up with some thoughts.

"Before you send it to Taeil at the hospital, noona, I recommend talking to Taeyong too and see if you could be with him to do the procedure, and of course, check it with everyone else here to see if there is a majority vote in making more of it." Doyoung passed the instrument back to Taeyeon.

"Thank you, Doyoung." Taeyeon beamed at him and made a final remark. "You can leave early if you want since you're doing so well."

"You're welcome noona." Doyoung was confused on why his boss was flexible with him. "What do you mean?"

"I heard you're seeing someone." Taeyeon winked and walk away. "I heard she's special too!"

Doyoung was about to respond to Taeyeon's statement but she already took off. He took a moment to comprehend what Taeyeon was trying to signal him about.

Was Taeyeon noona talking about Sooyoung?

-

Sooyoung had to go to all the different places to change her legal ID to her real surname with the explanation of adoption and wanting to find her birth parents and fortunately, the members of the government workers simply agreed because she showed proof from her Manila folder, happy that she was determined to find her birth parents.

Unfortunately, Sooyoung learned that her father passed away when she was 2 years old and her mother is still alive somewhere.

Sooyoung didn't show the Manila folder to Doyoung yet because she wasn't extremely close with him to share that information but at the same time, she'll show it to him eventually. After all, he was the one who willingly wanted to help Sooyoung find her birth parents.

Sooyoung had called out working on Monday due to personal reasons and 'being unwell.' She used this time to go to the adoption center in Seoul.

"How may I help you today?" The receptionist lady asked Sooyoung as she walked into the building.

"I've received a folder with my adoption papers and I was wondering if you know about my birth mother?" Sooyoung asked the receptionist.

"Oh... Oh Sooyoung... I remember when you were a little baby." The receptionist beamed a smile and immediately frowned. "Unfortunately, your birth mother did a closed adoption so there's no trace of her." The receptionist lady sadly told Sooyoung and Sooyoung sighed.

"Can you at least tell me her name? Something?" Sooyoung asked again, hopeful for a miracle.

"I believe I can tell you her name and that will be the only information that I have." The receptionist lady responded, showing a slight smile that she was able to help Sooyoung out.

"What is it?" Sooyoung asked the receptionist lady, yearning to hear an answer as the receptionist lady looked at her computer, making sure she was viewing the right information for Sooyoung.

"Your birth mother's name is Oh Sooyeon."

-

the instrument I was talking about I saw it on tik tok saying it was a life hack so...