A Battle Against Friends pt.1

Start from the beginning

"Seriously, how the hell are we supposed to deal with him?" Zora muttered. Suddenly someone came bursting in through the ceiling. "Rill...?" Asta muttered, and Thea's eyes widened.

She could feel the overwhelming sadness in [Y/n]'s heart. Thea could understand the pain completely. This long battle Thea was fighting with the people who were once her friends and family has taken a toll on her. "Oh, hey, it's Raia-san. Heya, how've you been?"

"Hey, Lira. I see you're as crazy as ever."

Lira chuckled. "And I see that your face is as droll as ever, Raia." Lira said.

"Shut it." Lira's eyes filled with tears, and he jumped into Raia's arms. "I'm so happy to see you!" He whined.

"Hey! What are you doing, Rill?!" Asta yelled.

"My magic has a stylish name now! It's called picture magic." Lira continued his conversation.

"He's the blockhead who's determined to kill us!" Asta yelled, and Lira looked down at them. "What's his problem? He's so loud." Lira grumbled and smiled when he saw Thea.

"Thea-chan! What are you doing way over there?! Come join the group hug!" Lira said, cheerfully.

"She's not on our side, Lira." Raia said.

"Eh? No way! Why?" Lira whined.

"They're no longer the people you once knew, Asta." Thea said. Mereoleona's eyes narrowed, "Explain." She demanded.

"It's some form of reincarnation magic. Your friends and comrades are incarnations of former elves, the same goes for [Y/n]." Thea explained, "They're not who you know them to be."

"I don't get it!" Asta complained.

"I don't like the thought of fighting Thea, but...Picture Magic: Four-Headed Lindworm." Each head of the worm shot out a different magic attribute. Mereoleona punched through them.

Thea blasted off one of the heads off with her light while Asta and Zora dodged a few attacks. "He's basically being controlled by the enemy's magic. Go smack him with your anti-magic!" Zora simplified.

"G-Got it!" Asta said.

"It's not that simple!"

"Sorry, but your magic won't be able to reach us anymore!" Raia said.

"I don't know about that." Zora said and a magic trap appeared, "It's not like I was just watching two monsters duke it out this whole time. Ash Trap Spell: Total Activation!"

"Ah, so you secretly planted some trap magic." Raia said, "But paralysis on this level does next to nothing to us."

"Whoa, I can't see!" Lira whined, "But our mana detection is on point, so we're perfectly fine!"

"Too bad, because what's heading your way is a monster with no magic." Zora said, and Black Asta came flying closer to Lira, cutting through the heads of his monster.

"Wake up, Rill!" Asta was only able to graze him before Lira's monster pulled him away.

"Jeez, that hurt. What's you do that for?" Lira said. The spell wasn't broken. "Tch. Guess anti-magic didn't work, after all." Zora muttered.

"This isn't a simple little spell like Thea said. It's a reincarnation spell that brings souls of elves to dwell in human bodies." Raia said, "The spell that summons the souls is complete. These bodies belong to us now."

Thea's eyes widened a bit. Now that she noticed, [Y/n]'s voice was meek and getting smaller. Soon reinforcements arrived. "Hey, we're retreating." Zora said.