The start of an Era (15)

"There's a hole that you fill, you fill, you fill
but it's just that I fell in love with a war nobody told me it ended."

I arrived at the battle centre I was assigned to, I seemed to have gotten there a bit later than the rest of the crowd as everyone else was already gathered around.

"Okay, start!"
I heard Present Mic yell.

"What's wrong? There aren't any countdowns in real battles? Go go go!" He shouted.

The crowd bolted straight into the testing grounds, of course, I followed.

On my walk to the battle centre, I had thought up a plan to get as many points as possible.

I would use my quirk to tear off a part of the "villains". Since we just had to immobilise them, I wouldn't have to destroy them completely.

One by one, I took down and immobilised as many faux villains as I could find. Nothing was going wrong, until I felt the ground shake.

I furrowed my eyes in confusion as I looked up to see a huge, and I mean huge robot. Like the ones I had been fighting but 100x- scratch that, 1000x bigger.

The people in its vicinity were running away from it, Present Mic had said something about A faux villain that didn't get any points but I didn't think it would be this big.

Now that I think about it.. that robots feet are pretty flat.. and this ground is pretty bumpy. The robot just might.. trip.

I jinxed it.

I watched in terror as the ginormous robot began to topple over. There's about twenty people under it, if that thing falls on them they'll literally die.

My heart raced.
Before my brain even came to a conclusion, I found myself running in the direction of the falling robot.

At the speed of light, I got under it. I stuck out both of my hands above me to use my quirk as the robot was about to hit the people below it.

To my shock, it actually worked. I was holding up the robot with my telekenisis.

"GET OUT!"
I shouted at the top of my lungs for the people under the robot to get to safety. I didn't know how much longer I could hold this thing up for.

My vision was getting blurry, and my nose was bleeding, a lot, like, a lot. I was covered in blood.

I could feel my arms start to weaken as I realised how much I was actually holding. I felt my consciousness start to slip away, so in my final moments of being awake, I made sure everyone was safe and then ran out from under the robot before I let myself pass out.

___
It felt like I had just blinked.

I took in my surroundings, I was laying on a white bed, and the room I was in... it seemed to be... a hospital?

I noticed a fluffy-green haired boy sitting by my side.

"Izuku..?"
I whispered.

He jerked his head towards me as soon as he heard my voice.

"Y/N! You're awake!" He cried, comforting me in a tight embrace. Tears fell from his eyes as he sniffled.

I still hadn't taken all of this in.
"What's going on?"
I questioned.

Izuku let go of the hug,
"You've been in a coma for a month,
Y/N."
He wiped a tear from his eye.