Family (10)

"Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture, and save it from the funny tricks of time."

Knock Knock

Me eyes shot open, jumping at the sound coming from the other side of the door.

The door slowly opened, Midnights head peeking through. "Good Morning L/N!" She said cheerfully.

She opened the door fully, taking a step into the room, she spoke again; "I made some breakfast, would you like some?"

I never really got breakfast, so this was unusual for me.

"U-Uh sure.." I stuttered, a bit caught off guard by her question.

I got up and followed her into the kitchen.

She placed a plate of pancakes on the table, I thanked her and took a seat.

As we were both eating, she began to speak;

"Somebody offered to take care of you, L/N! She seems amazing and i'm sure you'll be happy with her." She said, mouth half full of pancakes.

I looked up at her with curiosity, non-verbally asking her to say more.

"You won't be alone either, she has a son and i'm sure you'll get along with him! So, after this i'll be taking you to meet her, all the paperwork and all that official stuff has already been dealt with."

I gave her a small nod as I finished my meal. There wasn't really much I could say after all.

After our meal, I grabbed my two belongings and we were off.

On the car ride, Midnight and I "talked", but it was mostly a one sided conversation as I either just nodded or shook my head. I was still processing all of this, after all.

Eventually, we arrived at an apartment complex.

It seemed pretty simple, not too fancy, not too boring.

We entered the elevator.
damn this is magical
I thought to myself.

This was the second time I had ever been in an elevator, they were scary but cool.

We arrived at our floor, I read all of the numbers on the doors in my head as we walked past them. Finally, we stopped at a certain door.

Knock Knock Knock

After about ten seconds, the door opened.

I saw a woman with mid-length green hair, matched with her green eyes.

"Hello! You must be Y/N!" She greeted me with kind eyes. "My name is Inko, welcome to your new family!" She opened the door wider, gesturing for Midnight and I to come inside.

"Oh! I should probably get going actually" Midnight chuckled, not taking a step inside. "Goodbye, L/N, it was nice meeting you!"

We both waved at her as she left.

I walked inside the apartment, taking a look around. My new family, huh.

Inko guided me towards a bedroom as I walked inside.

"We have this guest room, but it's your room now! Feel free to decorate it however you want, i'll take you shopping on the weekend."

I nodded slightly.
You see, I didn't look like the happiest kid in the world, more...traumatised.
I didn't talk too much, let alone with any sort of happy tone. I'd flinch when people made any sudden movements, and I was just sad all the time.

Inko noticed my gloomy expression and placed a hand on my shoulder reassuringly.
"Hey, sweetie. I have a son, he's about your age and I think you'll be best friends." She seemed pretty confident in her words.

"He's at school at the moment, but he should be back in about four hours. Until then,
you can do whatever you would like." She had such a kind and genuine look in her eyes, I knew I could trust her.

I nodded again as I gave her a slight smile and walked into the- well, my room, closing the door gently behind me.

In the room, there was a queen sized bed, A TV mounted on the wall and a desk. There was also a soft carpet in the middle of the wooden floor.

The lighting was warm, and Inko had made. sure to put the air conditioner on before I got here so it wouldn't be too hot. This is nice.

I crawled onto the comfortable bed and sat down on it.

I was still carrying my diary. It reminded me of him. Sometimes I just like to draw in it, other times I would pour my heart and soul into the words I wrote.

But.. I thought right now I just needed to relax.
Maybe a nap could do..

I laid down, resting my head upon the soft pillows and embracing the nice, cool room.

My eyes felt heavy, so I allowed myself to sleep for a bit.

My eyes fluttered open. I hadn't been woken up by anything, my body just knew it was time to wake up. I felt well rested.

I could hear the distant sound of talking coming from the kitchen. I recognised Inko's voice, but there was another person that I could hear.

I checked my watch, it was about 3:30PM, I had been asleep for four hours.

Should I go out there or wait?

Almost on cue, I heard a knock at my door.
"Y/N, are you awake?"
I heard Inko's voice on the other side of the door.

"Mhm" I hummed softly, just enough so she could hear me.

"Would you mind coming out here to meet your brother?"

I didn't say anything, but I got up and opened the door.

I saw Inko's kind face in front of me, she gave me a warm smile as she gestured for me to follow her towards the lounge/kitchen. So I did so.

As we reached the kitchen area, I spotted a boy who seemed to be my age. He had a set of green eyes, fluffy green hair and freckles.

"Y/N, this is Izuku, my son and your new brother." Inko stepped back, allowing Izuku to walk closer to me.

The fluffy-haired boy smiled.
"Hi, Y/N! It's very nice to meet you!"
He put his hand out to shake mine.

I flinched at the sudden movement.

He noticed, and I saw a guilty look in his eyes as he retracted his hand.

"Oh... i'm sorry." He muttered, I could tell that he meant it.

"W-well," He continued,
"I'm 13, and I think your birthday is coming up soon, isn't it?"

I nodded.

"That's awesome!"
He grinned.

He seemed nice, so I thought to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"Y/N, starting next week you'll be going to school with Izuku, i'm sure you'll have fun." Inko chimed in.

School..?
Throughout my life, I never went to any schools, I never even went to kindergarten. My whole life consisted of just staying home. But now I get to actually go to a school?

Again, I just nodded.

"Alright, well I should probably go do some homework." Izuku broke the silence.

He waved at me with a close-eyed smile and walked off.

Not much happened for the rest of the day. I pretty much stayed in my room the whole time except for when I had dinner.

That night, as I dozed off to sleep there was one thing on my mind.

Shoto...