New Beginnings (14)

"Yet you think we're the same,
The skyline falls as I try to make sense of it all"

"Y/N"
A voice echoed in the distance.

"Y/N!"
The voice grew louder, slowly becoming clearer.

"Y/N!!"

My eyes shot open and I sat up at the speed of light.

"Shoto?"
I whispered.

The two-coloured boy
was sitting in front of me, although he looked...
different. He didn't look like that little kid anymore, of course it was still him but.. he looked.. my age now..? 

He lifted his hand and cupped my cheek,  my E/C eyes gazing into his.

"It's been a while, Y/N."
I got chills as I heard his voice, it sounded almost ethereal.

I just stared at him in disbelief, what was going on?

His eyes squinted slightly and a small smile appeared on his face.
"I'm glad to see that you're doing well, nothing is the same without you."

I couldn't help but let a tear fall from my eye.
"Shoto.." My voice cracked as I broke into tears, reaching towards him and wrapping my
arms around him, nuzzling into his chest.

His hand caressed my head, so gently, so lovingly.
"Y/N.."  His voice was shaky, and I could tell that he was crying.

"I promise i'll find you."
He kissed my forehead and I stared at him in confusion.

"But.. you did find m-"
My eyes forced themselves open, revealing my familiar bedroom.

A wave of sadness washed over me.
Was it just a dream..? But it felt so real? I felt him, he was there, he was talking to me?

My cheeks felt wet from crying in my sleep.
Pathetic.

I grabbed my phone to check the time,
6:23AM

My alarm would've gone off in seven minutes, so I decided to get up anyways.

I rubbed my eyes as I walked to the bathroom, creaks of sunlight snuck through the windows.

I brushed my hair, took a quick shower and threw on an outfit for the day.

A couple days ago we took the written test for U.A, now, today was the practical test.

I was so nervous.

Izuku said that he'd be doing the practical test too, it didn't make sense to me since he didn't have a quirk..?

I've got enough to think about today, i'll ask him later.

I had some food and before I knew it, I was out of the door.

I'm pretty sure I know the way to U.A..

It was a pretty long walk, and it reminded me of the walks to the lake when I was a kid.

Don't get me wrong, I love my life with Inko & Izuku it's just.. sometimes I miss my old life. You know, aside from all of the dad stuff, I would enjoy those walks and the building excitement through the day to meet Shoto on those late nights.

"I promise i'll find you."

Shoto's words from my dream echoed in my head. No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't get over that dream.

It felt so real. He was actually talking to me like he hadn't found me yet, and I could feel his touch, physically. I still remember exactly how warm his embrace was, how comforting his touch was.

I shook my head.
I can't let that distract me from today.

Shortly, I'd arrived at the infamous UA. The building looked so much cooler in person, the design was so unique.

As I walked through the UA gates, I spotted a familiar face.

"Izuku!"
I shouted as I ran up to him.

He gave me a welcoming smile as I caught up to him.
"Hey Y/N, you ready?"

I nodded.
"Nervous as ever, but i'll be fine."

He scratched the back of his neck and smiled awkwardly.
"Yeah... you're not the only one feeling nervous"

I put my hand on his shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile, "Don't worry, you'll be fine-"

"Outta' my way."
I heard a voice grumble from behind us.

Just from the voice alone, I knew exactly who it was.

The ash-blonde boy shoved past us as I rolled my eyes.

"Jerk.."
I mumbled under my breath.

"Hey, don't mind him Izuku, keep your head in the game." I reassured the startled boy standing next to me.

He nodded slightly, I checked my watch.

And yes, I still wear the watch that Shoto gave me, I wear it every single day.

"Well, we should probably get in there now."
I suggested.

Izuku replied with a fast nod.

As we walked to our destination, I observed our surroundings. UA really is something, huh?

We arrived at a lecture hall and took our seats.

After a short while, A man with blue headphones, A black jacket and wild blonde hair started explaining how the practical test works.

From what I could tell from Izuku's mumbling beside me, he was "The voice hero, Present Mic".

From what I understood, in the practical test we would go to a specific battle centre and fight these "faux villains". Each "villain" has a certain number of points, and to earn those points you would need to immobilise them.

It seemed pretty simple, how hard could it be?

I was in a different battle centre than Izuku, so after Present Mic finished explaining everything, we headed our seperate ways.