Times Change (9)

"You don't know how long I could stare into your picture, and wish that it was me."

Beep..
Beep...
Beep..

I was woken up by a familiar noise, beeping.
I went to press the button on the side of my watch, but to my surprise, there was nothing on my wrist.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Where was the beeping coming from then?

I located where the sound was coming from, it was a heart monitor.

I scanned my surroundings, I was laying in a plain white bed, there was a heap of medical equipment surrounding me.

Am I... in a hospital?

I heard a door open behind me, as I looked, I saw a woman with blue eyes, long and spiky dark purple hair and a small beauty mark under her left eye enter the room.

Her eyes widened as she saw me sitting up in the bed.
"SHE'S AWAKE!" She shouted out of the room.

A crowd of people entered the room.
Police officers, doctors, nurses, heroes, along with regular-looking people.

The doctors and nurses checked up on me, asking me questions and checking my blood pressure.

I only had one question.

"Where am I?"
I questioned.

"You're in hospital, dear."
The dark-purple haired woman spoke.

My eyes widened and my eyebrows raised.
"Hospital..?"
I mumbled.

I observed the people in the room. Along with the spiky-haired woman, there was a man with long black hair, he looked scruffy and particularly tired. There was also a woman with long blonde hair, purple horns and a pale/tan, orange and purple skintight bodysuit.

Again, one particular person stood out to me.

A tall man with red hair and blue eyes, with flames in areas of his body. He seemed to resemble somebody familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on who it was...

"We'd like to ask you some questions, kid."
The tired-looking man with black hair grumbled.

Everyone but the four heroes left the room.

For what felt like an eternity, I was questioned about everything. My dad, the "appointments",  basically everything leading up to where I was now.

But I never mentioned Shoto. He hadn't crossed my mind yet.

"So, you haven't gotten your quirk yet?"
The scruffy man questioned me.

"I don't know... but when I was fighting my dad  I got the urge to put my hand out and.. he flew back.." I spoke softly, my throat hurting from screaming so much the previous night.

"Sounds like some form of telekinesis.."
The blonde woman responded, rubbing her chin in thought.

"Well, you'll be staying here for the next few days while you heal. Especially that thing around your eye.. which.. how did that happen by the way?" The purple haired woman inquired, looking at me with concern.

"He carved it.."
I almost choked on my words.
"My dad.. he said that I should look like the people I like.."

The fiery man's expression changed, he looked like he was piecing things together, a similarity of sorts.

My mind raced at the thought of Shoto.
He was going to be so worried.
What was he going to think when I didn't show up to the tree?
To our date?
What about our promise?
Oh God.

"You okay honey?"
The blonde woman commented, a concerned tone in her voice.

I nodded slightly, it wasn't the most convincing.

"Law enforcement is going to decide whether or not your actions are justifiable, you'll be told the answer in a few days."
The scruffy man grumbled.

"Until then.."
The blonde haired woman continued the man's sentence, "Just stay here and get some rest." She smiled softly.

The four heroes walked out of the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I hadn't quite processed the situation yet. Or so, I hadn't had the time to.

I killed dad.
I'm a monster.

Tears threatened to fall down my cheeks as I remembered the sight. My father, dead. Bloodied knife in my hands, entirely covered in my own and his blood.

The memory of pushing him back by just putting out my hand came back to mind.

Telekinesis, hey..

I spotted a small cup of medication on a table in the room. Could I pick it up?

I stuck out my hand and imagined the cup lifting up, using all my energy, I lifted my hand a bit.

It worked.

The cup actually lifted and moved with my mind. I'd actually gotten my quirk.

For the next few days I stayed in the hospital. Fiddling around with my newly discovered quirk, getting tons of treatment but most of all.. reflecting and worrying, just about everything.

When I left the hospital, I was escorted to a police station, where my "fate" would be decided.

"Well, L/N." A police officer spoke.
"It has been decided that due to your situation and circumstances, your actions are justifiable."

I sighed in relief.
"So.. what is going to happen..?"
I mumbled.

"You're looking at Foster care, L/N. For the time being, Midnight has agreed to look after you until we can find a family for you to stay with." The police officer replied.

"Midnight..?"
Was I supposed to know who that was?

I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder, the familiar woman with the dark-purple spiky hair was beside me.

"I'm Midnight, you'll be staying with me for a little." She said, a soft and comforting smile on her face.

We left the police station, and drove to Midnight's place.

In the car, Midnight and I talked,
"Do you have any belongings you'd like to bring?" She questioned me, noticing that I didn't have much.

"Just two. My watch and diary." I mumbled quietly, just so she could hear me. They were both things that Shoto had given me, and I wasn't going to let them go, I wasn't going to let him go.

Gosh, I could only imagine how he was feeling right now. He must have gone to the lake every night, just hoping desperately that I would show, but I never did. I'm so sorry, I promise i'll find you, Shoto.

"Well, we're here!" Midnights voice woke me up from my trance.

As I walked into the house, I couldn't help but think about how different it was from mine.

Midnight guided me to a room with light grey walls and a carpeted floor, a bed and a tv.

"This is the guest room, you'll be staying in here." she gave me an encouraging smile.  

Wow.
That's all I could think. Just wow. It was so much different than my "room" which was basically just empty. All my life I never got to sleep in an actual bed, so this was a like a dream. I had never imagined I would get a TV to myself either, there were none in my house ever, so I never thought I would get one.

"It's getting pretty late" Midnight again, interrupted my thoughts as she spoke. "I think we should head to sleep now."

I looked up at her and nodded slightly, I was quite surprised, I never was spoken to in this kind of way by someone other than Shoto or my mother.

Midnight walked off, waving at me slightly as I went into the guest room.

I practically dropped onto the bed. It was so comfortable. It wasn't too cold, too hot, the mattress wasn't rock hard either.

I drifted to sleep, finally.