That Night (7)

(Timeskip! At this point in the story, Y/N is 12 years old, almost 13.)

A lot had happened.
My dad had continued his evil ways, i'd still get my frequent beatings and get sent to the basement, that part of my life hadn't changed at all.

I still hadn't gotten my quirk.
Those "appointments" never told me if I was quirkless either. I just had to keep hoping that one day I would get my quirk.

Almost every single night I would meet Shoto at that tree. Our bond had grown closer than ever. But... I was beginning to feel different around him.

Every time I'd see him butterflies would swarm in my stomach. I felt nervous around him, but not a scared kind of nervous, it was way different and sort of... a good kind of nervous?
When I felt his touch I would get chills all throughout my body, he had some sort of effect on me, and I was beginning to suspect that it was something I never thought could happen to me...

Love.

I knew it.
I was in love with Shoto Todoroki.

I had to tell him.. but I just didn't know how.

It was 1:14AM, and I was getting ready to leave the house and go to the tree.

My father hadn't been home in days, so I was anything but cautious.

I couldn't help but think I was hearing footsteps behind me as I walked to the lake, I just felt so uneasy.. like someone was watching me..

But finally, I had arrived at the lake.
I spotted my friend sitting under the tree, just like always.

My best friend.

My stomach twisted into a knot as I walked up to him, my feelings were overwhelming.

I sat down next to him,
"Hey, Shoto"
My voice sounded a bit shaky.

He smiled as he turned to face me
"Hi, Y/N, it's nice to see you."

I let out a quiet hum in response, not wanting to talk too much as I turned my head away from his.. mesmerising eyes.

He grabbed my hand gently,
"Are you okay? You seem a bit off?"

I yanked my hand away and stayed quiet.

"Y/N."
He moved to sit in front of me,
his hands cupped my cheeks and he made me face him. A concerned and caring look on his face.

I could feel my face on fire.

"You're burning up.. are you sick? Do you need me to get you somethi-"

I jerked my head to the side, hiding my face in my hands.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he pulled his hand back to himself.

"Y/N..?"

"I-i'm sorry Shoto it's just..."
I stuttered, I couldn't find my words.

"It's just....?"
He repeated the end of my sentence, subtly asking me finish it.

"n-nothing.."
I couldn't say it.

"Y/N, please tell me, if anything is upsetting you i'm here."

I can't tell you Shoto, because the thing upsetting me is ABOUT you.
I wanted to say.

I shook my head.

"Y/N, please..."
he whined, desperate to know what was bothering me.

"I can't say.."

"Yes you can, you can tell me anything."

"No..."

"Yes, please tell me."