A Daily Adventure (4)

"are we too young for this?"

BANG
I woke to the sound of crashing thunder,
it was storming. The rain sounded like static as it hit the tin roof on my house.

I rubbed my eyes, wondering what the time was when I remembered that Shoto had given me a watch.

8:37AM
the watch read.

I should probably get up.

My stomach growled as I noticed an empty feeling in my stomach.
I should also get some food.

I didn't want to go around to the front door with fear that my dad would be home, although he was probably out, I didn't want to risk it. So, I made my way over to the window. With a lot of force from my tiny arms, it opened.

I jumped up and crawled through it, closing the window behind me this time when I got out.

I began my journey. It certainly would've looked odd seeing a 7 year old walking around with no parent, but nonetheless nobody ever asked if I was lost.

Good, I didn't want them to.

The rain was coming down pretty hard, so I thought to get an umbrella.

I looked around to try and find somewhere with umbrellas, and in the window of a store I spotted them.
I internally celebrated as I walked across the street and into the store.

This place had all kinds of things, so I thought to grab some food while I was there.

You see, I'm an expert at stealing things. I've always got different ways to steal different things. An umbrella was easy to
steal.

Since I was wearing A jacket, I could just  pretend like I was looking at whatever was behind what I actually wanted to steal, and when I would go to grab that thing to get a "closer look" I would slip the actual food into my sleeve.

With the umbrella I could just put it in my jacket, the kinds at the store were the small ones that you could retract. Piece of cake.

So, I did both of those things and just as I expected, nobody noticed a thing. 

Mission Successful.

I walked out of the store and got far enough from it so that anybody who was watching me or saw me come out of the store with nothing couldn't see me anymore. So I grabbed the umbrella from out of my jacket and put it up.
I put all the food into the pocket of my jacket instead of my sleeve and walked away from all the people around me.

Shortly, I arrived at the lake I had been at last night. There were small amounts of people around the lake, some just watching the rain and others running around in it.

I stared out at the lake as I began to think about last night.

Shoto.

Why did he sneak out?
What was his family like?
Does he have siblings?
What are their quirks?

I had so many things to ask him, but there was one question that wouldn't leave my head after last night that I couldn't bring myself to ask.

How did he get that scar?

A loud roar of thunder interrupted my thoughts as the rain grew heavier.

Most of my days were like this.

Every day of the week I would try to not be home much at daylight. There wasn't much to do at home and I never wanted to encounter my father there. As i've said, he wasn't home too much, he was off being a horrible person somewhere else. But I never wanted to risk it.

For the rest of the day I wandered around the area, stopping to rest at some points and watch the rain. It was a nice day, but I was more excited to see Shoto tonight.

I've never had a friend before.

The only people I'd see around my age were while I was walking outside, I'd always just walk past them and we wouldn't acknowledge each other, not that there was any reason to.

Eventually, I saw the sun start to set.
5:57PM

I should probably go home and get some sleep so I can wake up in time to meet Shoto again.

On my walk home, I wondered how I would make sure to wake up at 1AM. I fiddled with the watch and realised that it had an alarm mode on it. It was a digital watch, but I didn't expect it to have another feature.

I made a mental note to thank Shoto again for the watch, it really had helped me out A LOT today.

I arrived at home.
I ran around the house, making my way to the window where my room was.
With all my strength, I pushed open the window and crawled inside, plopping myself on to the hard wooden floor.

My room was completely empty, there was absolutely nothing in it.

My father never felt I deserved anything. The only reason I existed was so he could make me
into a villain. I was never going to give in, but whenever I would refuse to hurt people I would go straight to the basement.

I hate my life.

With that, I drifted off to sleep after setting an alarm on the watch Shoto had given me.