I Could Get Used To This (13)

Timeskip!
It's been about a year since Y/N started living with Inko & Midoriya.

"On sunny days I go out walking,
I end up on a tree lined street.
I look up at the gaps of sunlight,
I miss you more than anything."

I've been getting used to this type of life. I've learned so many new things about the world around me, and the things in it.

Not a day would go by where I didn't think about Shoto. No matter what, he would always come across my mind, and I still vowed to find him.

For my 14th birthday, I had gotten a phone. It was amazing, there were so many things that I didn't know about that I had learned.

Today had been a normal day, I went to school, did my homework, all that boring stuff.

It was finally night time, today was boring, but really tiring. I allowed my eyes to close, the comfortable darkness swallowing me as I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to a crash of thunder.
I grunted as I checked my phone,
3:24AM

Gosh, I hate thunderstorms.

For some reason, they reminded me of that night. The night that I killed my father. So, I was always scared of them.

Another crash of thunder filled my ears, a quiet yelp escaping my lips.

I tried to stop thinking, just to let my mind go blank, but I couldn't.

Every time that I closed my eyes, I re-lived that night. It was a nightmare that I couldn't escape from.

I needed something, anything to calm me down. When I needed that, I would've usually just gone to Shoto. But.. that wasn't an option anymore.

Whenever I was scared, he would always calm me down. He'd tell me that it's alright and i'm not going to get hurt.
I miss him more than anything.

I just wanted to be in his arms, his warm embrace that would comfort me every time I felt it.

Shoto wasn't here, but there was one person here that I could rely on.

I covered my ears as I got up from my bed, trying to drown out the sounds of the heavy storm.

I creaked my door open, quietly shutting it behind me as I got out of my room.

I tip-toed through the apartment, trying not to wake mom up as I walked past her room.

Finally, I arrived where I wanted to be; Izuku's room.

I knocked on his door, not too loud, not too quiet.

I heard a hum come from his room, indicating that I can come in.

I opened the door halfway.
"Izuku?"

He looked up at me, he seemed tired, obviously.
"What's wrong Y/N?"
He asked, a concerned glint in his eyes.

I scratched the back of my neck
"The thunderstorm is scaring me, can I....
come in here with you instead..?"
I asked hesitantly.

Izuku knew about my fear of thunderstorms, he knew all about that night and how they reminded me of it.

"Of course"
He nodded his head, responding to me.

I smiled weakly as I walked in and shut the door behind me.

He moved over, making room for me and lifting up the blanket.