Nice to Meet You, Thanks For Saving My Life

Start from the beginning

The Force suddenly stabbed through her with painful daggers of warning stab into her, and one whispered word echoed through her mind.

Run.

Ahsoka took off like a shot, forcing her way through the thick crowds. Some people shouted at her angrily, but she didn't have time to even toss a careless apology over her shoulder. She didn't know exactly where she was running, but she let the Force guide her steps.

Anakin, she realised suddenly.

She was running to Anakin, and undoubtedly the senator. Ahsoka could feel her master's presence coming closer and closer.

Ahsoka sensed something else: a beam of energy. She had a sinking feeling of who it was aimed at. Ahsoka could immediately tell that the blast could be fatal if it directly hit anyone.

The beam rapidly neared Anakin's position. Ahsoka pushed herself to move faster. She suddenly skidded to a stop (as directed by the Force) and whipped out her lightsaber.

Gasps arose from the crowds as Ahsoka used her lightsaber to block the beam. Her timing was a split second too late, and the impact of the beam flung Ahsoka's arm and knocked her sabre out of her hand. It clattered to the ground and deactivated while Ahsoka spun almost a complete half-circle.

The crowds shrieked and dispersed as the beam smashed into Ahsoka's back. Searing pain bloomed in her and she felt as though all the air had been sucked from her lungs with a straw.

Everything blurred and Ahsoka staggered unsteadily on her feet. Ahsoka couldn't take in any more breaths. Her throat closed and her lungs decided to go on vacation.

Anakin shouted orders, probably into his com. Stray people fled frantically for cover. Chaos erupted from every direction.

Ahsoka glanced over her shoulder to try and identify Anakin. Just as she found him, she watched his fist recoil slightly, then swing forward to club her in the back as hard as he could.

Darkness immediately engulfed Ahsoka's unfocused vision. She vaguely felt herself thud to the ground, heard a panicked cry, and felt prodding at her head.

Ahsoka was trapped in a semi-conscious state, and she could feel the disparity of her lungs not taking in any air and the throbbing on her back where Anakin hit her. She couldn't see and she couldn't move and she couldn't breathe. One phrase repeated through her mind:

I'm dying. I'm dying. I'm dying. I'm dying.

Then her lungs swelled with air and slowly deflated. They filled again and deflated. Again and again, they did this until the dark spots faded away from her vision. The first thing that she saw was that Anakin was close to her face.

Very close... and coming closer with his mouth cracked open.

"What the crap, Anakin?!" Ahsoka shrieked, punching him in the stomach...hard... so that he would recoil. "Personal space!"

"I was saving your life! You weren't breathing," Anakin bit back, clutching his stomach.

"Maybe you should've thought about that before hitting me as hard as you possibly could," Ahsoka forced herself to sit upright, ignoring the pain that shot through her back. She shoved Anakin off of her when he tried to ease her back to the ground.

"You're back was on fire," Anakin protested. "Lay down before you injure yourself more. You've done enough of that today."

"I'm fine, I used my lightsaber," Ahsoka rolled her eyes and forced herself onto her knees. She shoved Anakin away again when he tried to intervene and hobbled to her feet. She called her lightsaber to herself using the Force.

"Ahsoka, are you okay?" a human woman with brown hair rushed over to Ahsoka and cupped her hands.

"Yes..." Ahsoka replied hesitantly, a bit of confusion in her voice. "And who might you be, ma'am?"

"Oh, yes of course. I'm Senator Amidala, you just saved my life," Senator Amidala bowed her head in thanks.

"Of course," Ahsoka smiled, though everything got a little fuzzy. "It's part of the... the mission."

"Perhaps you should sit down until your medic gets here," the senator suggested.

"I'm okay," Ahsoka replied, letting her arms drop to her side. "Thank you, though, Senator."

"Please, call me Padmé," Senator Amidala insisted.

Ahsoka nodded in acknowledgement.

"I've heard a lot about you," Padmé went on.

"You have?" Ahsoka poked a curious eye at Padmé.

"Yes, Anakin's told me so much," Padmé leaned a little closer to whisper quietly. "He really likes you, sometimes I can't get him to shut up."

"That's Anakin for you," Ahsoka laughed softly. "Once he gets rambling there's no stopping him." Ahsoka paused, "How do you know Anakin, anyway?"

"We've known each other for a long time. I met him on Tatooine when he was nine," Padmé explained.

"Oh," Ahsoka bit back a smirk. "I'd love to hear all about that."

"It looks like your medic is almost here," Padmé gestured to a quickly approaching Kix who Anakin waved to. "But I think we'd get along well, Ahsoka. Tell Anakin to give you my comm frequency. We should hang out next week."

"Sure," Ahsoka beamed. Finally, a friend who wasn't a clone or her master or a fellow padawan who had just about as little free time as Ahsoka.

Kix approached Ahsoka and took her arm. "Commander, you should really be at least sitting down," Kix gruffed. "Senator, if I may?"

"She's all yours, doctor," Padmé nodded.

Kix started dragging Ahsoka away.

"Nice to meet you," Padmé called after Ahsoka. "And thanks for saving my life!"

⧫    ⧫    ⧫

Darth Sidious growled menacingly at the outcome of his perfect plan. Well, almost perfect plan. He'd forgotten one key detail that cost him the course of his plan.

The Togruta girl, the padawan of Anakin Skywalker.

She'd gotten in the way of the deadly blow aimed at Amidala. The scug had managed to block just enough of the blow for it not to be fatal. In fact, she was in the infirmary now, most likely with two medics treating the burns from the attack.

Well, Darth Sidious would have to make sure to eliminate this problem child. He'd have to be patient, however, and construct a plan. A perfect, flawless plan.

Darth Sidious rose. He supposed it was about time for Chancellor Palpatine to pay a visit to the padawan who saved Senator Amidala's life. 

----------------------

Word Count: 1,720

Published: May 20, 2022

I unintentionally made two references to the book "The Outsiders" there. If you can find them give yourself a pat on the back and go eat a cookie.

Also, I feel like I read the part where Anakin had to give Ahsoka mouth-to-mouth and she was like "Personal space, Anakin!" from another thing I read. I don't know, I read too much to remember if it was another fic or an actual book from a series completely unrelated to Star Wars or if it was just in my brain the whole time. But, if I stole it from someone, I am so sorry, I didn't mean to. 

Requests are open, feel free to message me if you have any ideas. 

Bye people!