Part 38 - Leaving

"Give us your life."

Camilo turns his gaze towards you, desperately searching your face for a reaction. Your emotions change rapidly, and for a second you wonder-

The thought slides cleanly out of your head just as it entered, leaving you confused.

"So," Camilo whispers.

"So," you respond quietly, pondering-

The thought leaves you again.

"Um, are you okay?" Camilo asks.

"NO! OF COURSE I'M NOT OKAY! WOULD YOU BE OKAY IF YOU FOUND OUT PEOPLE WERE DYING BECAUSE OF YOU?"

Camilo turns away, "Sorry," he says sarcastically, cold resentment dripping with his words. You stare at him and allow your mind to enter his. Calm down. She's going through a lot. But that still gives her no right- ugh. Just- oh my goodness y/n are you reading my mind right now? If you are I swear to-

You push your thoughts away from his and pretend to be deep in thought. "Y/n," Camilo says, at an attempt to be gentle. "Are you - were you reading my mind?"

"No?" you say. Camilo turns away, his voice low. 

"You need to stop."

"NO!" you scream, "YOU KNOW WHAT. ¡A LA MIERDA ESTO! ¡NO IMPORTA DE TODOS MODOS!" (FLOP THIS! IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYWAY!)

"It does matter, y/n," Camilo says.

"I WANTED TO KNOW IF YOU WERE MAD AT ME, okay?" you say, "I don't want anything else to ruin our relationship even more."

Camilo's face clouds over. "Even more?" he asks. You look down. "Y/n, this ISN'T NORMAL."

"NO!" you yell, "IT ISN'T. IT ISN'T NORMAL THAT YOU DON'T TRUST ME, CAMILO."

"Yeah, well you know what? Most couples shouldn't have to worry about the other one violating their trust," Camilo says, his voice at a low hiss.

Your rage smooths into pure hurt. You falter for a second. "Fine. Then maybe we shouldn't be a thing."

You turn and walk out of the room and out of Casita, ignoring Camilo's angry protests. Once you get a safe distance away from Casita, your emotions seem to soar through the sky. Tears pour down your face as you turn the familiar road and enter your house. 

Then you go to your room, sit down and cry.