Part 33 - Broken Hearts Seldom Heal

Rage overcoming logic, you lunge towards Camilo.

You grab Camilo's shoulders, pushing him backwards. "Take. That. Back," you threaten him. His hands fly to your shoulders, and he follows your example, banging your head on the arm of the sofa in the process. You wince in pain.

Camilo smirks. "What about no?"

You kick him in the knee and he flies backwards. Glaring at him, you raise your fist. Camilo grabs your forearm and twists it. "I. Will. Kill. You."

Something snaps in your arm and you whip it back. You slap Camilo across the face. "I HATE YOU!" he yells. 

You feel tears burn your eyes. You look away. Camilo's deep breathing pierces your heart. Your hand flies to your head as another wave of pain rushes through your head. "Camilo," you finally whisper. "I'm sorry. I really am. I should have listened, I should have trusted you. I do trust you. Your family - I - I shouldn't have insulted them. I love you."

Camilo shifts his position. "I'm sorry too. I didn't mean any of that." You lean your head on his shoulder. 

"I forgive you if you forgive me?"

"Deal."

"Umm..." Camilo starts to say, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, your eyes are red..."