Part 8 - Last Days

But you had no idea what was in store.

You wake up, sweating. Someone is shaking your shoulders.

It is your mother.

"What happened, mija? You were screaming and thrashing around?"

"Just a dream," you reply sadly. Your mother nods. You think about the dream.

It was cold. You were outside, with Mirabel, in the forest. Then, a black wind sweeps over the both of you. By the time it disappears, Mirabel is gone. "I warned you not to tell anyone," the person of your dreams says.

You shake those thoughts away. You get dressed, and skip over to Casita. You cheerfully knock on the door. Isabela opens the door. "Oh. You."

"Who were you expecting?" you ask. Isabela smiles.

"Nothing for you to worry about," she says. You smile at her and run past. As you are walking towards Mirabel's room you bump into someone.

"Oops, sorry," they say. You look up. "Oh, hi y/n."

"Hello Luisa! Nice day today!" Luisa smiles as she goes around you. You scan the hallway for Camilo. Nothing. You shake that out of your head. Idiot, you mentally scold yourself.

"So who you looking for?" Mirabel asks from behind you. She scares you. You whirl around.

"Oh," you say with relief. "it's you. Don't scare me like that!"

"I've got some news for you!" Mirabel laughs. The two of you sit down on Mirabel's bed. "So..." she says.

"So..." you reply. Mirabel giggles.

"Isabela has a new boyfriend!" she bursts. You squeal. The two of you talk for a bit.

You hear a knock on the door. Isabela opens it. Standing beside her is a tall boy. "This is Alejandro," she says proudly. The boy nods in your direction, then focuses his look on Mirabel.

"Juan's older brother?" you ask. Alejandro turns his head to look at you. Something in that glare, it pierces you.

"You are y/n?" he asks you. You nod. "Oh. Juan talks about you a lot."

You shove your head into your hands. You look up, "Well, in that case, tell him to back off."

Alejandro laughs. You feel a pain in your arm. You cover it. Mirabel notices this, and ushers 

Alejandro and Isabela out. She turns to you. "What?"

You show her your scar, the blue now fading. "Isabela did that?"

"No. Alejandro."

Mirabel looks at you. She suddenly shudders, her whole body shaking. "You should go," she says. You furrow your brows. Mirabel pushes you out. You stare as the door closes behind you.

Camilo appears in front of you. "What was that about?" you ask, still confused.

Camilo looks at you. It dawns on you that he didn't see it. You explain. Camilo shrugs."Just her being weird," he says, and walks away. You walk home quietly.

That night, you had another dream. And when you woke up in the morning something felt off.

When you were called to la Casa Madrigal, it confirmed your suspicion.

____________

Author's Note:

Short chapter, sorry, but the next chapter will be super dramatic. Also, within the next 2 chapters, Camilo and y/n's relationship will take a huge turn, so stay tuned!