156 - I Think We All Expected This

Start from the beginning

"What's up?" I asked her.

She started to climb out of bed. I quickly stopped her. "Hey, you shouldn't do that."
Japanese colds are deadly or something with how seriously they get treated in anime and manga, and even here.

"First drawer." Irene stated, pointing towards her closet, before getting back under the covers.

"Okay...?" I replied, confused. I walked over to her closet, opening it up. There was an item in the first drawer, and assuming that's what she wanted, I grabbed it.

It was thin, like a popsicle stick. Looking closer at it, it was a...

It dropped from my hands. I stumbled over to the edge of the bed, before plopping myself down with a shocked look. "Holy shit."

Irene closed her eyes in worry. "I'm pregnant." She whispered.

"Holy shit." I whispered once more, a flood of emotions hitting me like a truck deadly intent on Isekai'ing me. I picked up the pregnancy test once more. Positive. "You're pregnant." I gasped in amazement. "How long?"

"Three months." Irene replied.

"Oh my god." I whispered. "I'm going to be father. Again."

"Are you upset?" Irene asked.

"No...no..." I shook my head. "Just...shocked, elated, surprised...I can't really believe this is happening. Weren't you taking the pill?"

"That was a lie." Irene replied.

"Of course it was." I chuckled. Never trust a yandere when it comes to these things.

"I am glad that you are happy." Irene stated. Her face suddenly became dark as her eyes shadowed. "Or else I would have broken your legs and forced you to stay with me."

Of course, there's some yandere heaviness, not surprising.

"You know me better than that." I replied. I scooted closer to her, grabbing her hand. "Are you okay with this? Being pregnant so young?"

"I couldn't be happier." Irene gave me one of the sweetest smiles I had ever seen from her. "To be blessed with a baby from the man I love..."

"I love you." I whispered to her, kissing her on the head.

"I love you too." Irene smiled. "Ken, how much do you know about elves?"

"I know a lot of...rumors." I replied, thinking of the various different interpretations of elves from my former world's media. "But I know you guys have some really sensitive ears."

"Yes, we do." Irene lightly blushed. "But there is more than that. Our lifespan is longer than the average human's. We age normally until middle age, then it slows down, and then as we get closer to death we start to age again."

"Kind of figured..." I muttered under my breath.

"But elf pregnancy also has a few differences than human pregnancy..." Irene continued.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Elves have an unique trait, where most of the time the baby takes the strongest traits from each parent to be stronger than the previous generation." Irene explained.

Our baby's going to be a monster then...

"I'm order to do this, they consume a lot of magic." Irene continued. "Straight from my body, just like other nutrients. I have plenty to spare, but it makes me a lot more tired and can cause fevers like this."

"I see." I mused. "Do you want me to take some time off of school to take care of you?"

"No." Irene shook her head. "These will happen throughout my whole pregnancy. You'd miss too much school, and Brandon's apprenticeship. Also, we have plenty of maids to take care of me."

"I'll still ask if Hel can take care of you." I replied. "Just in case."

"Thank you." Irene smiled. "And please, keep this a secret for as long as possible.. Otherwise you may go from one girl pregnant to many more."

"Ah, right." I nervously chuckled, thinking about how the others would simultaneously be thrilled and extremely jealous.

As happy as I am to be a father, I also don't want to be bombarded by babies...yet.

Oh, and Kira-
Rose, will have a fit when she learns about this. I really hope I can find her before that, but she's gone completely off of the radar. Damn it.

A knock suddenly rang out on the door.

"The stew's ready!" Yui called.

I opened the door, letting them deliver the soup to Irene. After watching over her until she fell asleep, I headed over to the training room to spar with Amber and Aoi.

It was a couple of days later when I got a text from Brandon, one saying that he was going to announce he was taking an apprentice today. He had already informed the Principal, and had arrived at the door to the mansion that morning.

"You ready to make some buzz?" Brandon grinned at me.

"Yeah, guess so." I shrugged, a small smile on my face. "How are we doing this?"

"We're going to waltz into the Guild to confirm your apprenticeship. From there, the news will spread like wildfire." Brandon explained.

"Heh. Sounds good to me." I grinned.

Brandon drove us in his car, a nice sports car with no roof. I hadn't been in a car like this for quite a long time since Japan's common transportation is different than America's. It brought me some nostalgia, unlike that limo, cause I was never that rich back then.

He parked in front of the Guild, taking off his sunglasses and throwing them into the car. Just as he had stated, we waltzed into the Guild, everybody's eyes turning towards us. Curious gazes hit me, wondering who I was and why I was standing next to the Brandon Tsuki.

The guild was filled with chatter, some gossiping, some just staring, and many who just didn't care too much.

"H-how May I help you?" The receptionist nervously asked.

"I would like to confirm his registration as my apprentice." Brandon smiled.

The Guild went silent. Now that had frozen everybody.

"WHAT?!"

A/N:

Important poll for my Webnovel and Wattpad readers, please choose one option. Please realize this likely won't have a change on publishing frequency. For now.

1 - Keep the same schedule, switching between the three stories.

2 - Focus on my most popular story first, then move on to the next.

3 - Focus on the story quickest to being finished, then move on to the next.

Thank you all!