Chapter 3 - The Adventure

Start from the beginning

"Well, I don't want to stay here all alone." Diane says.

"I'll stay with you, Diane." Elizabeth says.

Diane smiled at that comment. Diane then looked at me.

"I'm going with the boys to check the festival out." I say to Diane, who looks sad again. "But, I'll try and come back to hang out with you guys."

She smiles and nods, letting us go to the festival.

At the Festival

As we were walking, I noticed that some people were looking at me, men in particular. I was used to it, but for some reason, whenever I looked their way they ran or speed walked away in fear. I looked behind me and saw the boys just smiling at me, but as soon as I looked away, I felt something behind me. I just pushed it out of my mind. The only thing that bothered me was that I was super embarrassed when Ban decided to wear an apron to the Festival. I was blushing like crazy.

"Something wrong, shorty?" Ban asks, smugly.

I shook my head. "No." I say. "Everything's a-ok."

"Alright." Ban says.

We are still walking when I spot a book stall! I love reading! I told the boys that I would be looking at books and then heading back to Diane and Elizabeth. They nodded and kept walking to the entrance of the fighting tournament.

I walked toward the booth and started looking at books. After a little while of looking, someone else came over and started looking at books. I found a book that looked really interesting. It was called, 'The Tales of Dark Magic'.

"That book is really good." The boy next to me said.

"Is it? I haven't really read any of these books yet. This one just caught my attention." I say, sheepishly.

He nods and continues looking at books. I go up to the person in charge of the stall and ask if I could have this.

"Of course, for 5 gold."

That's when it hit me, I didn't have any money.

"Um, well, I don't...exactly...have any money." I say, sheepishly.

He swiped the book from my hands and shooed me away from his stall. I walked away, sadly.

Gowther POV

I watched as the stall owner swipes the book away from the girl and shooed her away. For some reason, I felt sad? for her.

" I would like to pay for these and the book that that girl had." I told the owner.

I pay him and walk away from the stall and toward the girl.

"Hey." I call from behind her.

I see her turn around and stop when she sees me.

"Yes? Can I help you?" She asks.

I didn't realize this till now, but her voice sounds like a gentle breeze blowing across a field of flowers. I didn't realize that I was staring till she said something.

"Um, hello?" She says, waving in my face.

"Sorry. Here." I handed her the book that she wanted.

"Oh, thank you, but you didn't have to get me this." She says.

"It's fine." I say, trying to reassure her.

"Well, thank you...." She says, trailing off.

"Go-" I say, almost saying my real name. "Alan, call me Alan.