Denique; Silence

"You know what to do," Vincent spoke, leering down at me, making sure to make direct eye contact with me. 

It was finally the day that I would kill Evan.

I looked into his intense eyes before nodding once. It wasn't a hesitant nod, but a much sterner one...I had been more confident throughout the week leading up to this moment. Even when I had any slight moment of weakness, I would look down at my stomach to reassure myself that this needed to get done –

I knew that Evan needed to die by my hands.

A distraction...it just wasn't going to be good enough.

He took out two guns, attached to holsters. I blinked, taking in the additional gun with mild confusion as I looked back up at him. "Why are there-?"

"In case you fail the first time," Vincent spoke, interrupting my question.

I narrowed my eyes, feeling a little offended that he would think that I wouldn't be able to do it. Already, my mind quickly diverted back to my previous past attempts to kill Evan Hale. Unlike the first, there would be no way that Evan would see this coming – I had been too careful.

Everything needed to work out.

I took out my hand, and even though I held absolute conviction in my resolve to kill my target, my hand began to shake. I didn't know if it was the fear of failure or my nerves suddenly acting up. The last thing that I had wanted to do was prove to Vincent even more that I wasn't up to the task – I definitely was.

"Aim for the chest. It does not matter where," Vincent advised while I sternly grabbed the guns from his hands and lifted up the dress that I had to wear. It was a white one – a short, see through white dress that barely my lower thighs.

I would need to be careful where I walked...and I would also need to make sure that Evan wouldn't be too handsy. It wouldn't be good if his unwanted touch wandered too far up and expose the weapons that I had on me.

I strapped it around my leg gently while I worked on the other one for the opposite leg.

"Shoot multiple times," I nodded my head at his words. "Empty both guns if you need to," Vincent continued to give me advice.

It was causing my palms to sweat – it was nerves. It had to be, since I wasn't even thinking if I was going to fail. In my mind, I would do this successfully and kill him --

Kill him -- kill Evan.

I clenched them tightly as I brought my dress back down. I smoothed out the material with my fingers, seeing that my hands were still trembling.

I looked him back in the eyes.

"This will be the last time you will need to deliver that flash drive to me, my daughter."

"I'll..." I spoke, my throat becoming scratchy. Once more, my nerves were proving to me that they were going to be an issue. I wasn't devoid of all fear and this was going to be the hardest thing that I would ever need to do.

I-I wasn't completely ready to get blood on my hands...much less a life.

But, even still...

I hated Evan, and there was no alternative except for him to die.

"I'll try my best," I continued, clearing my throat.

Vincent stared at me in the eyes.

I didn't know what he was looking for, or hoping to find inside of them. I wondered briefly if he could see that tiny sliver of reluctance to kill Evan that I couldn't seem to shake off.