Thirthy-nine | Brylan

Magsimula sa umpisa

Sitting down next to me he rests his head on the wall behind us so he's looking up at the roof. 'I'm glad one of us benefited from my stupid actions then...because now i cant play for two weeks because of my sprain...I'm happy that you're happy.'

'Two weeks isn't too bad...you'll be fine in two weeks if you don't stress it. I've sprained my knee from slamming it into the ground at Volleyball games so you'll be fine,' I try to tell him. He'll survive if he doesn't play for two or three weeks. It's not too bad anyways and he can get other hobbies in that time.

'I'll be so bored.' He sighs before looking at me before nudging me suggestively. 'You'll keep me entertained, wont you?'

Blinking at him I cant help but laugh. Leaning forward I glance at him and he gives me a confused look which only makes me laugh harder. Besides the millions of Cons about him, one of the very little Pros he has, is that he's delusional. He has to be the only person in the world who would make a suggestively sexual joke to someone after they just fought that persons sexual abuser. 'I just beat up your rapist but anyways can I get it?' Is the energy that statement had and it's so funny to me.

'What's so funny?' He chuckles and I bite my lip to force myself from laughing again.

'Nothing,' I shake my head.

'Then lets go...these hallway passes don't have a time duration so we can use them all day,' He gets up but I stay seated.

'I want to go to class,' I deny him since I don't want him to take me agreeing the wrong way. If I go with him and its actually not that bad then he'll think im warming up to him. I guess I kind of am though. I dont hate him anymore but I cant date him even if I wanted to and I don't.

'You know I was upset about the necklace...but I was actually mad at you because-,' I feel like I owe him an explanation but he finishes my sentence.

'It would hurt Katie I know. I figured that out myself...but she thew a plastic car at the back of my head when I was eleven and I had to get stitches. It was the most painful thing I've ever experienced.' He makes a comment which makes me laugh again. 'So I don't really care if her feelings get hurt since the headaches I got for months after that hurts more, so lets just go.'

'Yea but I care about her,' I kick my legs playfully whilst sitting down. They're siblings so I don't really expect him to care, but I care because I'm her friend and not her sibling. 'Sorry, but I'm trying to be a good friend,'

'At least come to the bathroom with me so I can check my hand...I didn't get a good look at it,' he begs so I give in. He's hurt because he was looking out for me so at least I could go with him to check it.

Following him to the bathroom we don't say anything to each other and it's weirdly not awkward. Usually I need to be talking with people since I dread the silence but this silence feels alright.

Pausing when we finally reach the bathroom I head towards the disabled toilets but he doesn't. Watching him enter the mens bathroom I lose sight of him. A couple seconds later he comes back out and gives me a confused look.

'Are you coming?' He blinks at me like it's normal for me to go into there.

'What? Why would i go into the mens bathroom?' I crease my eyebrows. 'What is someone walks in?'

Smiling at me he rubs around his mouth to hide it, as he tries his hardest not to laugh. We've been doing that a lot today and I don't really laugh at anything. But right now I genuinely don't understand what's so funny. The last thing I want is for someone to walk in and get me into shit for being there.

'No one cares Bry...I can promise you people will be too afraid to snitch on me,' he tries to comfort my concern but it's actually making me question my safety around him.