Thirthy-nine | Brylan

Start from the beginning

'Oh my god.' She pinches her nose bridge in frustration.

-

Awkwardly sitting on the chairs outside Carson's office, Jordan was sent to the nurse who immediately sent him to the hospital. His ankle was completely out of place so he had to go get it checked professionally. Katie ended up going to class since Carson told her to, after she found out she was trying to diffuse the situation. I was also allowed to go but I didn't.

Damon wouldn't have been able to really explain his side of the story so I ended up telling Principal Carson about Jordan. It was so painfully awkward but I know Damon wouldn't have told her himself so I had to. It was either I went to class and he ended up in legal trouble for harming him for 'no reason' or I just share my traumatic experience with no repercussions. Even though everything about Damon pissed me off, a part of me felt inclined to help him. I'm not sure why I feel that way but but it might've just been because he did me a favour I guess.

Carson ended up excusing me after I explained so she could talk to Damon privately but I decided to wait. She gave me a hallway pass out of pity and said I could go to class once I felt like I was in the right head space to. I thanked her but she might still think I'm 'healing' when im not. I want to say I'm fine now and I've moved on from the whole situation but I haven't really. Growing to realizing that I cant change it helped though, except I get occasional nightmares. Not as much anymore, maybe every month or two weeks but it used to be constant.

Flinching when Principal Caron's door opens Damon walks out and I look at his hand. It's all wrapped now since he went to the nurse before coming here. Apparently he sprained it and has to get to checked so the nurse wrapped it for him an gave him an ice pack to numb the pain he's going to feel once the adrenaline wears off. It seems to have worked off by now since he's holding it awkwardly so he can put the ice pack on without the weight of the pack on top of his hand.

Looking over to me he freezes. I dont think he expected me to still be here.

'I'm sorry- I shouldn't have done that and I might've pissed him off now.' He tried to explain but I don't really care anymore. He needed to face his karma eventually and what's done is done.

'Well-,' I try to tell him but he doesnt give me an opening to talk.

'You're also probably pissed off at me but I don't do 'pinkie promises' I just needed to know who hurt you.'

'Yeah I-,'

'So I got a little over my head and-,' he continues to ramble before stopping and trailing back. 'What did he say to you? Did he threaten you? Wait actually don't tell me if you don't want to.'

'Damon-,'

'Actually do tell me. You hate me already so I don't mind anymore. What did he actually say to you?'

'All he did was ask if it was me who told! He doesn't know it's me so it's fine.' I lie in a hushed tone. If he knew what he really said then he would probably kill Jordan and I don't want to be the reasoning. 'Thats it. And im not mad at you Damon.'

'What?' He moves his hand from the uncomfortable position to a still uncomfortable, but more normal position.

'I'm not an idiot, I knew you wouldn't just sit there and do nothing when I told you.' I shift in my seat uncomfortably. 'I think I slightly hoped that you would do something...I hated seeing him happier and happier everyday after what happened since he faced no consequences- I was stupid and didn't immediately report him, so all the 'evidence' on my body was gone after a while...you know how rape cases are usually treated with evidence so it would go to shit without it.'