Chaeyoung didn't say anything else after she saw how determined Lisa was.

*

After Taeyong left, he became incredibly happy. He knew that Lisa needed money immediately, and it was only a matter of time before she agreed to his terms.

Therefore, he told his few classmates about this in an attempt to show off.

This piece of gossip quickly spread around to their other classmates, as one told another and so on.

Jungkook was in a business meeting when a friend request suddenly appeared from his WeChat app.

It was his high school classmate, Eunha. Jungkook originally didn't want to respond, but Eunha added a sentence along with her friend request, which attracted Jungkook's attention.

"Lisa is marrying Taeyong."

Jungkook's face immediately grew grim when he saw this sentence.

He slapped his phone on the table with a 'bang', shocking all of JC's executives.

"Mr. Jeon…should we continue with this meeting?" the Vice President asked cautiously.

Without a word, Jungkook picked up his phone from the table and turned to leave.

Mr. Lee, his assistant, quietly waved at the executives, signaling for them to leave.

How could they continue with the meeting when their boss was in a bad mood?

After Jungkook returned to his office, he took off his jacket and tossed it onto the sofa.

Mr. Lee was so afraid that he dared not to speak, and the atmosphere in the office grew incredibly tense.

"Send out the order to cancel all company projects with Triumph Steel Works. Also, warn our clients and partners that JC will no longer be conducting business with any corporations affiliated with Triumph Steel Works."

"President, did you say…Triumph Steel Works? I just want to make sure."

During his time as the president's assistant, this was the first time he heard his boss release such a harsh death warrant, so how could he not take it seriously? But then again, it hadn't been that long yet.

If he remembered correctly, Triumph Steel Works was just a small or medium-sized local construction company.

Perhaps JC's subsidiary real estate companies have collaborated with them?

But then again, how did the owner of Triumph Steel Works manage to offend his boss?

Could it be because of some woman? Or was it some sort of grudge? What caused his boss to be so angry?

"I think you've reached your end as my assistant," Jungkook said coldly.

"President, I'll handle this right now." Assistant Lee ran away in fear, not daring to stay for another minute.

Jungkook looked at the message Eunha sent him on his phone. The side of his mouth twitched in disgust as he said, "You sure are courting death."

Taeyong really did have it coming.

He clearly knew that Jungkook loved Lisa, but regardless, he still chased after her. He clearly asked for it.

Of course, Taeyong really thought that Jungkook's feelings for Lisa had been left in the past.

After all, no one had heard any gossip concerning Jungkook and Lisa after Jungkook had returned to the country.

Aside from Chaeyoung, none of their other classmates knew what was going on between the two of them.