"Then what should we do? What if we don't do the second surgery? Would that be better for him?" Lisa was worried.

Director Jung shook his head, "Listen to me, here is the thing: If we don't do the second surgery, his life will always be in danger. If the blood clots in his brain aren't removed completely, they may lead to a massive hemorrhage in his brain at any time. This is very serious."

"Then what should we do?" Lisa was struck dumb. For the first time, she felt out of her wits.

"Here, go back and think about it. Also, talk to your family and consult with them. But I need to remind you that the second surgery will be very costly. It will cost you over a million won and the best window to do this surgery is within a week. Otherwise, the longer we wait, the greater the risks. As to the current hospitalization costs, you don't have to worry about that. I already put in prior notice, so you don't have to pay the bill right away. It can wait and be taken care of in the future. But go and talk to your family about the second surgery. That is the most important decision to make right now."

"Thank you, Director. I will go and think about it."

Then, Lisa stood up muddle-headed… A million won? it was a steep price. Where would she find all that money?

"Wait," the director called out suddenly.

Liaa turned her exhausted head.

"Lisa, the guest surgeon that performed the surgery for that senior official last time, Dr. Jeon, is an old friend of yours, right?" This pivotal question had just then come to Director Jung's mind.

After hesitating for a few seconds, Lisa nodded her head; she knew that she could not hide this from the director.

"Yes, we know each other from before," she said, trying to avoid the important and dwell on the trivial.

"That makes things easier. If you are friends, I suggest that you ask Dr. Jeon to perform the surgery for your brother. You should know that he is a doctor from Harvard. With the assistance of the lead surgeon at our hospital, your brother's surgery will have a higher chance of success. What do you think?"

"Em, I'll think about it. Thanks for your reminder."

After they finished talking, Lisa turned around and left the director's office… Her mood was complicated beyond compare.

Should she ask for Jungkook's help? She would rather die. Maybe she should gather the money first. After all, a million won was no small sum.

- Inside the patient's room -

Her mother was already awake when Lisa walked in, and she looked like she was still in a bad mood.

"Mom, I have something to talk to you about," Lisa started softly.

Her mother turned her pale face away and did not respond.

"I just went to the hospital director's office and asked about Haruto's situation. The director also suggested another surgery, but it's very expensive. It'll cost us over a million won at least."

"We will save Haruto even if we have to sell our house and property. What good is money?" her mother said resolutely, staring at Lisa.

Lisa nodded, "I was thinking of the same thing. I will do anything to save Haruto. Mom, take care of yourself and leave the rest to me. I'll go get the money first."

"Sell the house, we can rent," her mother said in a muffled voice as she lowered her head.

"We don't have enough time to sell the house, since the second surgery must be performed within a few days. Let me find a way. Take care of yourself and get better soon."