C h a p t e r 33

Chapter 33 : CalebSunday, December 4th, 2022

Chapter 33 : Caleb
Sunday, December 4th, 2022

Before

I feel the burning questioning in Alec and Xavier's gazes as we pull up to the mansion, though nobody speaks about the moment Madelyn and I had just shared up against that brick building. 

I can still feel her warm pussy wrapped around me, welcoming me in like I'd never left. Being back with her was akin to pure ecstasy, however I would be a moron to ignore the show of vulnerability Mads had given me in those few minutes. It will remain unspoken of unless she wishes to talk about it, no questions asked... but fuck. 

Feeling the tension inside of her unwinding with each thrust of my cock; the whimpers that rained past her perfectly kissable lips.

It was simply unmatched.

"Caleb and I fucked." Madelyn drew me out of my reminiscence just as the car rolled to a stop beside the elevator, causing me to raise an amused eyebrow at the amber sparks of fire in her eyes. "Now stop staring and give me a head start before I'm bombarded with your dirty, most likely ignorant remarks." She flashes an unbothered smile before stepping out of the limo, her ass looking even more bitable with the air of confidence in her step. 

Not even paying us a second glance, the elevator doors separate us with a gradual yet painfully fast movement.

Tipping my head over to Alec and Xavier's intrigued expressions, our silence says all the words that are left unspoken. 

That's our girl. 

—————

Thursday, December 8th, 2022
Now

Although I shouldn't be surprised, I didn't know what to think as my eyes pinched open languidly, blinding lights appearing in bokeh rays above me. With my vision doubled and disoriented, it was almost enough to forget about where I was, or more importantly, why.

"Maadelinn," My words came out slurred as everything hit me all at once; the mirror, her smile, and then red.

—————

Sunday, December 4th, 2022
Before

"Caleb—" Her sweet voice fills my ears as I step into her bathroom, leaning against the doorframe while my eyes meet hers in the mirror. 

Based on Madelyn's wet hair and the sweet aroma of her shampoo, I could tell she'd recently gotten out of the shower, liking having tried to remove the memory of my touch from her body. 

My cock was already thickening again at the thought. 

"It was just sex, beautiful." I wink playfully as I attempt to clear the apprehension from her mind, moving towards her while her eyes track my every step in the mirror. She was so innocent and so pretty in this moment it took everything in me to not drop to my knees and beg for another taste. 

Something tells me she'd like that, though. 

Distracted by a glimpse of my bite mark peeking through her tangled strands of hair, I was just about to give into the temptation of planting a kiss there before a flash of metal stole away my attention. 

It all happened so fast. Too fast. 

All I could do was shield my everything from the impact before a shiny silver bullet imbedded itself into my ribcage, praying Alec and Xavier would be fast enough to stop Madelyn from being next.

—————

Thursday, December 8th, 2022

Now

It's been four days since that night with Madelyn against the building. 

Four days since I died. 

I've been in and out of consciousness ever since, but the few times I'd managed to stay awake was more than enough to center me back into reality. Fear induced cardiac arrest wasn't easy to forget.

After my body was able to remain responsive for more than a few seconds, Xavier had given me a rundown on everything that had happened. How Madelyn had grabbed the gun from my waistband before I could fall to the ground, shooting at the linen closet blindly where the intruder had to have been hiding. 

How she couldn't stop hyperventilating at the sight of my blood, Xavier pulling her off of my unmoving body kicking and screaming, Alec being forced to use an AED to pull me back from the brink of death.

I can't even imagine what that must've been like for all of them, and now it was just the three of us in this private hospital room, Madelyn having chosen to keep her distance from me since that horrific night. 

"The fuck are you doing?" Jolene smacks me straight in the forehead as I try to pull myself up, the sound cutting through the air along with my pained groan. 

Make that four of us.

"Jo!" I swat at her hand even though I'm way too weak to do anything about her pestering. That doesn't stop me from trying though. 

"Caleb so help me, if you want any chance at giving me grandbabies someday, I suggest you do what the doctors say. Rest! And lots of it. Don't think I won't be fine with mini Malecs instead."

"Malecs?" The devil himself nearly chokes on his sharp intake of air, no doubt aware of who the "M" is that fits into that nickname. 

"Yes, now you two go home and prepare Caleb's room for tonight." Jolene huffs as though she were lecturing us as children again, and honestly, it was a nice distraction from thinking about the man who had fired the gun. 

Just like that, though, I started thinking about why on earth Marcus Caddel would ever want his own daughter dead. 

He may not have been the one to pull the trigger, but the man who did bore the emblem of the Resistance, tattooed in black behind his left ear. 

- End of Chapter 33 -

─────⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅─────
Looking for updates ahead of time?
Instagram: aurelia.2395