C h a p t e r 17

A/N: Part 2 of the double update. Make sure you read chapter 16 before this one! <3

 Make sure you read chapter 16 before this one! <3

Chapter 17 : Madelyn
Tuesday, November 29th, 2022

I led the way out as I felt their attention on my back, stopping only when my feet met the plush carpet of the living room floor. 

Not a second later did I feel Xavier's arm brush against mine, but it was so brief any other person would believe it to be unintentional. I knew otherwise.

My skin tingled at the spot he'd touched, just as my core ached with a need I haven't felt in all too long, these men having sparked my body back to life in only mere seconds. It pissed me off because it was making me forget again and again why I was so angry with them. 

This time, however, it was for a genuine reason. 

"I went job searching today." I cross my arms before I even sit down, those few words more than enough to let them know what I was pissed about. "And when nobody would take my resume, I just figured that maybe no one was hiring, even though it said they were online."

I had to spin around as two of the three assholes in question sat down on the couch right behind me, Xavier moving away to the kitchen but was still more than listening. I could tell just by the way his body was generally facing my direction, but I was so focused on him, I hadn't seen the move coming when two large hands gently grabbed onto my waist. 

I was pulled down to the couch with a soft umph from my lips, placed right in the middle of Caleb and Alec's trap. 

I slapped the latter's hands away the second I was fully seated, the space between the three of us so small that it was a wonder I wasn't half on top of them right now. 

"But then, I decided I wanted to go get my nails redone because surprisingly enough, acrylics don't like women who have to fight their way through being manhandled twice a day." I continue, narrowing my eyes on Xavier who was pulling out a bottle of red wine, a kind I had no doubt was rich and old. 

I jumped slightly when Caleb's cold fingers brushed against my ankle, right over the only sliver of bare skin between my short socks and my leggings. I couldn't even get my mouth open before he was pulling my shoe off, Alec doing the same on the other side. 

Once again, I smacked their hands away, even when my feet did feel admittedly better now that they weren't pressed against the soles of my shoes. 

I had much more important manners to discuss, and I wasn't going to let their half-assed distractions get the best of me. 

"Why is it that the workers at the nail salon looked at me with wide eyes the second I walked through the door, shaking their heads and saying I needed to go?" I ask, raising my eyebrow accusingly just as Xavier comes over with four wine glasses pinched between his one large hand, the bottle of wine in his other.