Chapter Forty - Eight

May 2015

SCARLETT'S POV:

Today all four of us are going to go on a little shopping trip, Melanie has also been acting very weird lately, she has been flinching a lot and hates when she is in a room alone so she sleeps with me and Elizabeth now and when we need to do something she is always with us even if we are going to the bathroom.

I am worried about her because she has never acted like this and she is also a lot more quiet and and barely plays with her toys and if she does she puts them back away instantly after playing with them.

She is only two years old, she shouldn't be cleaning up her toys, she should be playing and leaving her toys out on the floor for me and Elizabeth to fall over.

I am getting Melanie changed and she is very quiet and even when I tickle her she flinches, "Okay baby all finished"I say and I pull up her leggings and fix her socks.

"Mama"She whispers and holds her arms up for me, I gently lift her up and she lays her head on my shoulder, I bounce her up and down gently while patting her bum gently to calm her down because I know she isn't feeling herself right now.

"It's okay baby, mama's here, it's only me and you, it's only you and mama"I whisper and place a long kiss on her temple, she kisses my neck gently since she doesn't want to lift her head to my cheek.

I grab her shoes and gently place them on her feet and then grab her diaper bag and head out of the bedroom, I walk downstairs to see Rose and Elizabeth ready for the day, Elizabeth has Rose's diaper bag and she has the double stroller ready for us because for some reason Melanie likes the stroller a lot more than she used to.

"You got everything?"I ask Elizabeth and she nods, "Right then let's go"I say and place Melanie in the stroller, she smiles at me and I smile back, she really is the cutest little girl ever and Rose as well, we can never forget the little troublemaker Rosie.

"You know I've been thinking of getting Melanie into gymnastics because she is always doing tumbles around the floor"I say to Elizabeth as we walk to the mall, "Yea I was going to suggest that to you as well, I heard there's a really good place just 10 minutes from our house"Elizabeth says and I nod, "We will definitely visit there after the mall"I say and Elizabeth agrees with me.

Melanie starts to play with my shirt and smile, she is slowly getting back to her old self which I'm thankful for.

THE STROLLER:

~

We get to the mall and see a hair salon doing free baby's first haircuts and we see that Melanie's fringe is getting into her eyes, "Should we go and get Melanie's hair cut?"I ask Elizabeth, "Yea probably because her fringe is getting into her eyes"Elizabeth says and I nod, we wheel the stroller into the hair salon.

"Hello how may I help you?"The woman asks, "Hello we were wondering if we could get the free baby hair cut for this little girl right here?"I ask and I rub Melanie's stomach gently, "Of course you can, you can just bring her over here and we will get our things ready"The woman says and she walks to the back of the shop.

We sit Melanie in a little princess carriage chair and she seems to really like it, "You ready for your first hair cut baby?"I ask her and she nods and smiles at me, "Now baby you have to sit very still and if you get scared of anything you can hold mama's hand okay?"I tell her and she nods just as the woman comes back out with all her tools needed.

"Okay is this little princess ready for her first haircut?"The woman asks Melanie and she nods while smiling widely, "So what would you like done with her hair?"The woman asks me, "Well we would like her fringe to be trimmed and the ends to be trimmed please"I tell her and she nods, she starts to cut Melanie's hair and Melanie is giggling while I rub her stomach gently for comfort for myself more than Melanie.

She finishes and I look at Melanie's hair and I smile widely, she did such a great job, "Thank you so much, it is wonderful, what do you say to the woman Melanie?"I ask still rubbing her stomach, "Fank chu"Melanie says and I pick her up out of the seat.

We walk out of the hair salon and I keep Melanie in my hairs this time because she doesn't like big crowds and she needs comfort while she's here at the mall.

I have her on my hip and I rub her stomach gently to calm her down and Elizabeth pushes Rose around in the stroller.

We finish shopping and then decide to go to that gymnastics place, we all get into the car and Elizabeth drives to the gymnastic place.

I get Melanie out of the car and I walk in with her in my arms and Elizabeth said she'll wait in the car with Rose.

I walk in and the person at the reception smiles at me, "Hello how may I help you today?"He asks, "I'm wondering what age can you start gymnastics here?"I ask him, "Oh you can start at two years old"He says with a smile, "Oh that's great, I was wondering if I can get my daughter into gymnastics because she is always tumbling around on the floor and trying to do handstands"I tell him, "She really does seem like a gymnast"He says and I laugh along with him, "What time are the classes for two year olds on at?"I ask him, "They are on every Saturday at 11am - 12pm"He tells me, "That's great, could I get her signed up for it?"I ask him, "Of course just fill in these forms and then that's it"He says and passes me some forms, I sign everything and then head back out to the car.

"Did you get her signed up for it?"Elizabeth asks as I get back into the car, "Yep they are on every Saturday 11am - 12pm"I tell her as I play with Melanie and Rose after getting my seat belt on and bucking Melanie in.

"That's great, let's head home then"Elizabeth says and she start to drive us home.