Chapter Forty - Five

February 2015

ROMAIN'S POV:

I've had Melanie for the last couple of weeks and we are having a lot of fun, I am staying in my house in New York that was me and Scarlett's old house.

I am only staying here because I know that Scarlett and Elizabeth think something will happen to Melanie but surely nothing will happe-.

I'm cut off by a loud scream, I know it's Melanie so run to her and see that she has fallen and hit her head against the play pen and it is now bleeding.

Shit I need to take her to the hospital and call Scarlett, I pick Melanie up slowly and bring her out to the car and quickly drive to the hospital, "Hey Scarlett we have a problem"I say into the phone as Melanie is rushed off to get treated, "What happened now Romain!?!"Scarlett shouts through the phone, "Melanie fell and cut her head open so you need to come to the hospital now"I tell her and I hear her shout to Elizabeth and then she hangs up the phone.

SCARLETT'S POV:

When I hear that Melanie is in the hospital I immediately called for Elizabeth to come downstairs with Rose, I told her briefly what happened and we both got into the car and sped off to the hospital.

We get to the hospital and I run in and Elizabeth comes in after me because she needed to get Rose, I look for Romain and see him sat there on his phone.

"Why the fuck are you not with Melanie!?!"I shout to him getting everyone's attention, "I don't know"He replies looking up, "Seriously Romain she is your god damn daughter and you haven't even gone in to see if she was okay after she fell and split her head open on your watch!"I shout to him and he just sighs, "Scarlett calm down"I hear Elizabeth say from behind me, "No I won't calm down because my daughter is hurt because he can't even look after her properly, every time she is with you she ends up getting hurt, sick or comes back crying for me which she most definitely shouldn't because you are supposed to be her father, how am I supposed to trust you with not only her but my other daughter as well when you she is 10 months old!"I shout and start to sob, Elizabeth pulls me into a hug and everyone looks at me with sad looks and then they shake their heads at Romain.

"Melanie Johansson - Dauriac's parents?" A nurse calls out and me and Elizabeth quickly look to her and follow her to where Melanie is, Romain didn't even bother to come angering me even more.

I walk in and see my baby laying on the bed with a bandage around her head and a breathing mask on her, "How come she is a breathing mask on her?"I ask worried for her, "She started to panic a lot because we are all strangers and she didn't know her her parents were so we put on a breathing mask to help her since her father I'm guessing he is her father didn't want to come in to the room"The nurse says, I nod and Elizabeth thanks her, she leaves and I sit on the chair beside Melanie's little crib she is laying in.

"It's okay baby mama's here"I whisper and rub her stomach which I know calms her down, she starts to wake up and she looks to see me and smiles tiredly, the nurse comes back in and takes the mask off her, "She only had a couple of stitches so she can go home now"She tells us and we thank her and I gently pick Melanie up and bring her outside of the room.

"I'm taking her back home to my house because I don't trust you with her right now plus it is Sunday so she would be coming back to me anyway"I say and turn away from Romain and buckle a sleepy Melanie into her car seat and Elizabeth buckles a sleeping Rose into her car seat and I sit in the back of the car with both of my babies while Elizabeth drives, I told Romain to drop Melanie's bag off at the house tomorrow morning when he is on his way to the airport.