42

<Y/n>

"I, Jeon Jungkook, can only claim you. And I'm yours to be claimed. In this lifetime and in any other life time where we happen to exist."

My world had stopped right on that moment. Until a moment ago I felt like my world was crushing down in front of my eyes and now the storm has calmed down. The warmth of sun has radiated again. The peaceful silence have stretched both in my heart and head.

His proximity and his words got me melting inside my body. I fell back on the lack of words. Because from where do I bring something as beautiful as what Jungkook has just told me?

I can't even believe myself. I had confessed my love to him and he had not only accepted it but reciprocated in a way that's stronger than mine.

Nothing seemed to bother me at this moment. All the troubles were packed in a box and thrown into the river.

I had Jungkook.

That's all what I want. I don't want this world. I don't want anyone else. I just need Jungkook. I need him for me breathe, for my heart to beat, for my Brain to function. I desperately need him for me to live.

I parted my lips to speak. I needed to speak to make sure that this wasn't a dream. Jungkook was real. But before any words come out from my lips the familiar ringtone of my phone catches my attention. I tilted my head, my eyes catching the sight of the caller ID.  I frown in confusion suddenly feeling anxious and nervous.

Jungkook's hands reach out to put the phone away but I hold his arm stopping him. He looks at me raising a brow questioning my actions. "Is it more important than me?" I shake my head like a reflex action. "It isn't Jungkook." I stare at the ringing phone in his hand. "But?" He notices my gaze, his hands lowering as he pulls his head a bit far but it's still close.

"But it might ruin our other days." He hands the phone to me holding my waist. I bite my lips glancing at him briefly before picking up the call. I get off his lap sitting beside him, his hand making it's way around my waist. Boi isn't ready to leave me even for a second.

"Yes?" I speak over the phone sucking in a sharp breathe. "So, that's how you greet after we finally talk." The female voice hits my ears making me clench my jaw. Jungkook must have noticed the sudden change of me so the next second he pats my back. "Why'd you call me?" I asked in a low voice. I hear a disheartened sigh from her side. "You're so hard to talk to. But who can we blame? Your father couldn't teach you manners and your mot—" The strings of my patience break as I slam my fists on the headboard keeping myself from speaking something that I might regret later but no matter what, I know I wouldn't regret anything.

I bite my inner cheeks keeping myself from shouting right on the phone. "If you don't have anything good to say, I'd hang up." I pull the phone away from my ears to hang up but she speaks again. "Your father wishes to see you on his birthday tomorrow. Hope you wouldn't disappoint him like always." I scoffed rolling my eyes.

Birthday. Family dinner. Drama. Pain.

"I'm busy." I reply nonchalantly. "So make time. There's something very important he needs to talk about to you. And if you don't come, he'd come to you." Before I get a chance to speak another word she hangs up. I clutch my phone in my hands tightly about to throw it against the wall when Jungkook takes it away keeping it aside.

"What's wrong?" He asks pulling me back on his lap. I throw my head on his chest shutting my eyes in frustration. "What else? You know. It's always about my father and his stupid wife." He heaves out a sigh keeping his head on my shoulder. "So many things changed in these years but your relationship with your family is same." I huff in annoyance. The only thing that's holding me back from burning this entire place into flames is his arms.

"How Jungkook? How do you expect me to have a good relationship with an unsupportive father who only knows to use his business mind and his Dracula of a wife." He rubs his hand on my arm giving me the comfort I need. "Everything will be alright. You have me." And that really comforts me. I close my eyes taking deep breathes while my back pressed against his hardened chest.

Keeping aside the recent trouble I turn around wanting to talk about our previous problems.

Talk.

A thing that I haven't done properly since a life time. I feel like kicking myself for being such a coward. Half of the problems of this world could be solved by talking your heart out with no sugar coating but is it that easy?
Expressing your feelings, your thoughts, your opinions into words is never so easy.

But today I'm gonna try.

"What happened that day Jungkook?" He raises a brow in confusion. "You know what I'm talking about." A muscle in his jaw ticks as he shifts on his place. He looks into my eyes taking in a deep breathe.

"Jungkook, what happened on my birthday—" He cuts me off with his sentence. "I saw you with Ji Ho. Crying in his embrace. Telling him that you love him and you hate me." My heart slows down, muscles and bones caging me making me feel suffocated in my own body. I think back to that time and I can't deny what he saw. He's right. I did all of it.

"And did you ever try to know why I was crying?" His body stiffens while he blinks his eyes. He gives me an expression of realization. With hesitancy he shakes his head.

"I... " My mouth goes dry as I force myself to speak further. I had never talked about it out loud. Hell, I even stopped myself from talking it in my mind. "...saw you and... So Young... On the bed....n-naked." I expected an expression of utter guilt and embarrassment but I get something rather opposite. He looks extremely shocked with my words as if I had said something forbidden. "What?" His words sound too loud since I'm so close to him. He tilts his head staring at me with wide eyes.
"Me and So Young? Together? While we were in a relationship?" I nodded my head. "On the night before my birthday. " He let out a scoff of disbelief pushing his hair back. "And you believed I'd do something like that? That I'd betray you?" I shrugged my shoulder furrowing my brows resting my hands on his chest.

"Jungkook, I saw it with my own eyes. No matter how much I trust you, how do you explain that situation? How do you explain why you were with her on the bed?" He looks up as my gaze follow how the bump on his throat bobs.

He stares at me again shaking his head. "I can't." I blink my eyes not understanding his words. "Y/n, I can't explain it to you because I don't even remember anything like that happening."