19

"-Y/n, Production department. Team 1."

I read for the tenth time. Yes. I missed my lunch for this report.

"Yes." I stood up taking in a deep breathe. I could feel their gaze on me but I ignored it stomping out of office and rushing to the elevator.

Looking at my watch, I realized that I still had twenty minutes. I gave myself a proud smirk before I confidently walked towards his office.

I knocked on the door. Wait. Not knocked. I literally banged on the door.

"Come in." I pushed the door walking inside only to see his eyes fixated on his laptop. Walking near his table I slammed the file on the desk putting my palm on it.

"Here." I gritted out. His actions stopped as he leaned back on the chair looking up at me.

I was glaring at him and this time I maintained the eye contact.

Because when it comes to work I am dead serious. How dare he call my report a crap?

He looked down picking up the file. He looked through it while I stood there clenching my jaw giving him the deadliest glare.

"What's up with that stare?" He spoke still flipping the pages.

I kept glaring at him. I don't even know why I was beyond angry at him.

He looked up raising his brow.

"Are you mad?" I didn't answer. Balling my fists I looked away.

What if he burned with my gaze?

No, I wouldn't let that happen.

He stood up from his chair walking towards me.

"If you're angry about this morning I'm sorry, I was frustrated." I scoffed at his words.

Frustrated, my damn toe.

He kept his palm on the desk leaning his body forward.

"And if you're angry about last night..." My head snapped towards him as I stared at him with wide eyes.

He had this teasing smirk on his face.

"Why would I be angry about last night?" I stated louder than usual.

"Because I left?" He said raising a brow. I scoffed in disbelief. "No. Why would I be angry because of that? It didn't matter. We got carried away with the moment. It didn't mean anything to me. It was just a one time thing. And there's no reason for me to be angry."

I said it all in one breathe. I didn't mean a single word but I didn't want to seem like he had hurt me. Like I cared about him enough to be hurt by his actions.

"Was it?" He asked with those same expressions. I raised my brow in confusion. "Was it a one time thing?" My breathe hitched in my throat. My heart beats accelerated as I stared into his dark brown eyes.

My cheeks were burning.

Anyone wants fried eggs? Fried chicken? Anything vegetarian?

I'll cook it on my cheeks.

I cleared my throat looking away feeling my every single bone inside my body being set on fire.

"Answer me!" He spoke in his commanding tone. Walking closer to me, he stood in front of me. Lifting his hand he kept it on my waist tracing circles with his thumb.

"Um... I-I have to go."

I said moving aside to walk away but his words stopped me.

"Why are you running kitten?" What's up with that nickname?