08

A week.

Seven days.

Hundred and sixty eight tiring hours.

I have worked and worked and worked. Day and night.

To my luck I didn't bump into Jungkook. Neither did I think about him.

I was too busy with my work.

But today was the day I had to face him again.

For a personal presentation.

Why me God? Why me?

"All the best." Jen spoke patting my shoulders. "You can do this." Hee Jun added smiling at me.

I nodded and within minutes I was standing in front of the metal door once again.

Oh, how I thought I wouldn't bump into him since this is such a big company but here I am. Meeting him everyday.

Fuck my life.

I closed my eyes taking in deep breathes.

I lifted my hand to knock on the door but before that the door opened.

It's always this way.

His secretary walks out bowing at me slightly.

"You can go inside." I nod at his words and walk inside. Is he like always standing on the door when I am here?

The clicking of the door closing rings through my ears only until my gaze falls on Jungkook.

After that everything goes silent.

He is sitting on his chair doing some paperwork. His coat is hanging on the chair. His sleeves are rolled up showing off his veiny hands as some of the sweat beads roll down his forehead.

He loosens his tie keeping the pen on the desk and leaning back on his chair.

"You are here." He speaks not looking at me. I quickly shift my gaze shaking my head lightly to get that image of him out of my mind.

I walk standing in front of him.

He stands up walking towards the sofa and sits down.

"Come." His voice sounds tired as he cracks his neck resting his eyes on me.

I sit beside him opening the laptop.

I start speaking. He hums in between nodding his head at some points. And I was thankful that he was responsive.

"That's all." I end with that looking at him.

"The documents?" I hand him the papers as he goes through them.

"Make changes here." He points somewhere. I scoot closer to him taking a look of where he is talking about.

"And improve the quality by 5%" I nod my head.

"Okay, I'll read it again and make the changes." I turn my head with a small smile playing on my lips but it drops when I meet his eyes.

I realize how close our faces are.

I clear my throat looking away. My body suddenly feels hot.

"We'll proceed with this one." I nod my head without looking at him.

Silence falls over. I frown turning my head only to realize he is staring at me.

"I will... I will get going now." I stutter standing up.

But he holds my wrist stopping me. My heart pounds inside my chest. I look at him blinking my eyes.

"What?" I ask staring at his hand that's holding mine firmly.