02

My shoulders slumped down as my lips parted. He walked in and sat in the centre facing us.

I was sitting right in front of him but his gaze was fixed on the screen behind me because it was dark.

But I could see his face because of the light coming from the projector behind me.

The hair on my neck were raising and I felt a cold shiver running all over my body.

He changed.

So much.

His face held a serious look. A look which was too scary. He looked unapproachable and drop dead hot at the same time.

My heart was pounding inside my chest wildly and my palms were sweating even if I was feeling cold.

I didn't know what to do.

I wanted to run. I just wanted to be away from here.

"The production team 1. You may start now." The voice of his secretary echoed in the room. I realized that he was talking about me.

I didn't felt nervous because I had to speak in front of so many people anymore.

I felt nervous because I had to face him.

Jeon Jungkook.

Cold sweat travelled across my forehead as I stood up.

'Don't mess this up y/n. It's about your team and your job.'

I repeated in my mind. I faced all of them and smiled slightly to be polite but never once I dared to look his way.

I bowed.

"I'm y/n. Due to some personal reasons Miss Ji Hye Su wouldn't be able to come. I'll represent our team for this meeting." And I quickly turned around starting the presentation.

Throughout, I felt a pair of eyes fixed on my figure. I felt my body being set on fire because of that gaze.

I exactly knew who it was but I didn't spare him a glance.

I thought I was strong.

But his aura was different.

Nothing like years ago.

"I'll be ending here now. Any questions?" I asked feeling my heart hammering against my chest as if telling me to set it free from this torture.

"Our company released a similar product five years ago." His deep husky voice that used to sound so sweet sometimes in the past caught my ears and I literally froze on my spot.

Now was the time, I looked at him.

In his eyes.

His eyes held mine securely. He was intimidating.

Nothing like my sweet goof ball Kookie from years ago.

I couldn't decipher if it was a good thing or bad.

Good, because finally I could move on by telling my heart that he had changed and he deserves to be hated. And someone like me deserves better.

Bad, because I had lost him. My Jungkookie.

"Huh?" I regretted letting that sound out from my throat.

His jaw clenched. I don't know for what reasons. I felt so small standing in front of him.

So so small.

"We can't pass it because a product similar to this had been already launched by our company." He stated still looking in my eyes.