14

"You'll have to speak to them about the product. Don't be nervous. They wouldn't eat you." He spoke. And I should've been offended by his words because that was clearly an insult but somehow it cheered me up.

Strange and weird.

I hummed nodding my head but then I retorted back.

"What do you take me for Mr. Jeon? I'm good at my work and also good at telling about it to others." He raised a brow tilting his head.

We were sitting inside his car. Mr. Ahn was driving it.

"You think I didn't notice how you stammered back when you gave the presentation of the previous product."

I blinked parting my lips but nothing came out.

He noticed it? Even I myself didn't think about it.

That was a very small mistake.

"Okay, it was my first time. Humans make mistake." He glared at me hearing my sentence.

Bringing his hands up to his chest he crossed them.

"You're different." I didn't really get his sentence until he added. "You make more than average mistakes compared to other humans."

He stared at me with a certain look in his eyes. My heart clenched for some unknown reason.

A sudden pain, or hurt I felt and I didn't even know why.

Breaking the eye contact I looked away first.

Mr. Ahn stared at us through the rear view mirror in suspicion but I shrugged it off.

The ride for the next minutes was comparatively silent. The two of us only stole few glances of each other.

The air between us was thick making it impossible to breathe.

But I breathed in fresh air when we got out finally.

As I had expected we came to the hotel. Apparently this was Jungkook's hotel. Immediately bodyguards lined up and the manager came out to greet him.

Maybe because he was coming here in a long time. Of course, he was abroad till now.

I walked behind him noticing how powerful his walk was.

His aura had completely changed. Now, he was so powerful and he held full authority. He had gained respect.

That's what makes him hotter.

And somewhere deep down I was happy.

I didn't think about this before but now when I look at him, it makes me happy that he achieved his dream. Just the fact that I wasn't involved in his life anymore bothered me.

And it shouldn't.

I heaved out a sigh as we entered the VIP private room.

And soon enough, Mr. Kang was there with his secretary too.

The meeting started. It was for about barely fifteen minutes and after that we were eating.

Jungkook and Mr. Ahn was talking to Mr. Kang while I was fully concentrated on the food until a female voice lingered in my ears.

"Looks like Ms. Y/n loves food." I lifted my eyes and met the hazel blue eyes.

"Of course Ms. Seojin" I replied with a chuckle.

"You're beautiful." I blinked my eyes at her words. Receiving compliments from girls was a rare thing from me. That was the reason why my cheeks flushed red.