Chapter 14 : A Frozen Memory

Normal P. O. V

 The knights were having a meeting about the last fight. Chooki and Toxsa needed some time to explain everything. Once they did, everyone was shocked.

Ceylan: Guren.....

Gen: It seems like we have to come up with a new strategy....

Chooki: But...we...

"Save the Tenkai Wolf....."

That made Chooki bit his lip. Guren's request kept repeating in his head. As if reminding him over and over again. Each time makes him even more hesitant. Gen, who is now treated as the second leader, is also confused about what they have to do. However, he knows that it this not about what they have to do, it's about what they need to do.

Beni: What should we do Gen?.

Gen: Saving Guren is of course our top priority. But if he told us to save the wolf first, then that is what we need to do.

Toxsa: I'm not sure about this game plan.

Ceylan: *raise his hand* I have a suggestion...

They all looked at Ceylan. And to their surprise, he looks more serious than usual. Why? Because he still hasn't paid his debt yet.

Ceylan: We can solve both of our problems. You four go after the wolf, and I'll go after Guren.

Toxsa: We can't let you go after him alone!.

Ceylan: *clutching his hands* I haven't released my chains yet. If all the chains were released, he would be free, right?.

Ceylan was right. If he somehow released his chains, Guren might turn back to normal. And they can save the Tenkai Wolf in the process. It's a risky plan, but it might work.

Gen: Fine. But don't think that we'll execute this plan just yet. We'll meet up again tomorrow, and discuss this plan fully.

All: Right!.

~Time Skip~

Ceylan P. O. V

Everyone at went straight home after the discussion. I'm now in my bed and looking at my Core Brick. I'm just thinking about Quorton and how to save Guren. I'm the one who knows him the best. This is gonna be easy, right?.

Ceylan: Hang in there, dude. I'm coming for you.

I was sleepy after all the thinking. So I went to sleep quickly.

"But, I didn't expect to see something so shocking. It's something that I've forgotten for a long time...."

My biggest regret ....

{In the Dream}

I opened my eyes and saw my old elementary school. I am at the lockers in some spiritual form. I didn't understand this at first. But after some remembering, I remembered.

Ceylan: No....Could this be....

Then, I saw it. There are two kids in the hall. One is on the verge of crying while the other was already crying and yelling. The one that was yelling was....me.

"I-I'm sorry, I have something to deal with that week. S-so I couldn't come to the presentation."

"Yeah, well that made me do it all by myself!."

No..... This is from that day.....

"I-I'm sorry, Ceylan...."

"You're a TRAITOR!!!!."

{In Reality}

"WAIT!. I DIDN'T MEAN IT!!."

I woke up like I have watched a horror movie. I'm now recalling that day full of regret. That was one memory that I wanted to forget. Forever.

'What happened?' you might ask. Well......

That incident happened in first grade. I was best friends with this other kid. I couldn't remember his name. I don't know why though. Maybe since it was a long time ago. We were assigned to make a project together. Both of us were excited to work together!.

But that never happened.......

I was waiting for that kid, yet he never came. I was so upset back then. It didn't help that the other kids were picking on me. Just because I didn't have a partner. I was frustrated and angry.

So when the other kid came back....

I took my anger out on him....

"You're a TRAITOR!!!!."

Ceylan: If I remember correctly, that kid changed schools just two days after the incident. Man, I can't believe I said that!.

As I was angry at myself for remembering that, I look at my clock, and sighed. It's time for school.

Ceylan: Great. Just great.

{Time Skip}

Even during school, I couldn't stop thinking of that moment. I hate it. That's why I decided to forget all about it. Well, until today.

However, when I looked at Guren's empty seat, I decided to forget about what happened.

"What am I thinking?!. Guren is way more important!. If I can forget about that kid then, I can forget him now..." I thought.

After school, as I walked past the gates, my Core Brick glowed. Chooki and Toxsa fund me and literally dragged me to Mr. White's shop.

Chooki: Hurry up, Ceylan!.

Toxsa: Quorton can't wait, Snowcone !.

Ceylan: Alright, alright!. Geez....

I pushed away the incident from my head. It's my time to break Guren"s chains!. I'm determined to make yesterday's plan work!.

"I can't believe that I would make another mistake. A mistake that will replace the incident. A mistake that couldn't forget."

{Author's Notes]

So, this is my last chapter before I'll go to my dorm again. What do you guys think?.

To be honest, this chapter is like a part of the next chapter. So, sorry if this seemed too short or rushed.

I don't know when I will come back. But I hope it's soon....

Until then, See you guys next time!~