Chapter 17 : The Prisoners

{Note: This chapter was supposed to happen a few chapters earlier.But due to some placement mishaps, I decided to put the chapter here.

This is about what Guren is experiencing while the knights were trying to save him.}

Guren's P.O.V

"When will they come?.".

Those were the only thoughts that flooded my mind for the past few days. Or maybe weeks?. I don't know actually.

All I see is the past....

I lost track of time since Villius locked me in here. Where? My own mind.

All I can see is my memories from before I came to Benham City. None of them are good memories though. These are all the memories that I've been keeping to myself.

Bullies, pressure from people around me, even the reason behind mom's death?!

I never thought that Villius will go this far to torturing me. Every time he shows me these memories, I kept on closing my ears in an attempt to not hear them.

But to be honest, It wasn't all that bad.

The only thing that kept me sane all this time is when the nightmares were disrupted by the voices of my friends. It was nice that they care for me that much. Even Gen and Beni showed sides to them that I never knew. 

Then, I found out that I wasn't the only on inside this prison.....

-Time Skip-

During this time, Gen and Benihad already done their part of releasing my chains. Maybe I wasn't doing anything since I don't feel my body 'moving'.

I was just laying there, looking into the darkness, when it happened. There was a light coming from above, blinding me with it's brightness.

Guren : *cover his eyes* W-What's happening?.

When the brightness died down I slowly opened my eyes. When I came to, I was in shock.

In front of me was..... 'Bravewolf'?. At least I think it was. 'I' was covered in the colors of gold and red. Exactly the same form I took in the final  battle.

Quorton doesn't have mirrors. So it's the first time I saw my Quorton version with my two eyes.

Guren : Y-you're me...

??? : Hahaha. I figured you would say that. *patted Guren's head* Greetings, I'm Goldius.

Guren :  Wait-what?!. But I'm Bravenwolf, so shouldn't you be Bravenwolf?.

Goldius just chuckled as he started to glow again. But this time, he looks just like....me?!. Well, almost like me. The only difference is that he had bright gold eyes while I have purple. This still left me jaw dropped. Goldius offered his hand to me with a smile.

Goldius : What's your name?.

Guren : M-my name's Guren.

" Okay Guren, how about we take some time of to get to know each other better?.".

.

.

.

.

.

.

Guren : YOU'RE A GUARDIAN?!.

Goldius : Well, 'ex' guardian to be precise.

I couldn't believe it. Goldius was a guardian?!. At first, I didn't believe it. But the more listen, the more I understand.

He was 'The Gold Guardian'. The guardian who basically created Quorton and gave the remainder of his life to it. And for some reason, he found his way here.