Chapter 18 : Frozen in Flames (Pt.1)

Ceylan P.OV

"To save your friend, you must face your fears, and heal his soul directly!!.".

All of us just stared at Boreus. Confused, shocked, many emotions were us right now.

Ceylan: "Heal his soul directly? How?."

Boreus: "It's simple. We use the portal."

Boreus went over to the portal as his Tenkai Energy flows into it. After a few minutes of this,  the portal shape shifts. It went from the usual blue to red.

Boreus: "He is trapped within his mind. So I upgraded the portal so that your energy and his can resonate. With that, you can rip him out of Villius's control."

Beni: "Wait a second. If it's that simple, then why didn't you suggest this to us from the beginning?!."

Boreus: "Us Guardians cannot take action until the situation is dire. You were all steadily progressing. So we thought that there was no need to interfere. That is until we sensed something strange."

Chooki: "Something strange?."

Boreus: "We sensed a growing darkness inside of Bravenwolf's soul. It's nothing as we've ever seen. That's why you all need to hurry. Before that darkness upsets the balance between Earth and Quorton. ".

Gshotrowing darkness? Inside of Bravenwolf?. That can't be good.

We quickly took out our Core Bricks and took a quiet glance at each other. This is it. We will see Guren again. The real Guren. Neither of us could even think about what he would look like when we see him. All that we know is that we have to save him and fast.

Gen: Well, we can't just sit around any longer. Let's go, everyone!.

All: Okay!.

" Tenkai Power! Dromus Tenkai Whirlwind, Engaged!. "

" Tenkai Speed! Tributon Tenkai Ice Blast, Engaged!. "

" Tenkai Strength! Valorn Tenkai Terra Blast, Engaged!. "

" Tenkai Agility! Lydendor Tenkai Lighting Strike, Engaged!. "

" Tenkai Stealth! Venetta Core, Engaged!. "

" Tenkai Knights, Go!!!!!. "

~ Somewhere Unknown ~

Dark. That was the only word that can describe this place. It was infinite darkness with red mist all over.

Toxsa: "Wow. Just wow."

Gen: "All of this red mist can't mean something good. Let's get to searching."

All: *nodded*.

We started to walk forward. Neither of us knew where we were going. So that was our only option.

This place is... Weird.

Red usually represents heat or warmth for us. Mostly because it was Guren's color. But the more we explore this place, most of us started to shiver from a sudden chill. Most of us.

Chooki: *rubbing his hands* Ceylan, don't you feel anything?.

Ceylan: "Feel what?."

Beni: "Maybe since his element is ice, he can't sense the cold?."

Gen: "Maybe. That or he's coldblooded." *smirk*

Gen? Making a joke? That was new.

However, we all came to a stop when he just froze. All of us bumped into each other in the process.

Ceylan: "Ouch!. What was that for Gen?!. "

Gen: *pointed his hands* "G-guys... L-look... "

All of our eyes look to where he was pointing and were in shock. It was... Guren.

Just standing there. Looking at us.

I don't know if it was an impulse, but I immediately ran up to him. Hugging him. He was real. The real Guren!.

Ceylan: "Guren!. Thank goodness you're okay!. I'm sorry for what I said!. We've been trying our best to free you!. Are you okay?!. "

He didn't answer at first. But then, he smiled. A menacing smile. He then answered with a voice lower than his usual.

Guren: " 'Thank you!'. That is what I would say. IF YOU ALL STOP LYING TO ME!!."

That last outburst scared the heck out of all of us. The others went up to us in concern.

Gen: "Lying?. What do you mean?."

Guren just went silent. We just heard him whisper to himself.

"Stop lying... Stop lying... STOP LYING!!."

That was until he started crying. But something else happened. A dark red aura surrounded him. As we saw CHAINS arose out of nowhere. It went straight towards me. All I can do at that point was close my eyes and brace myself.

"NO!!. "

I was suddenly pushed away by someone. I looked up to see who it was. It was Gen. With his tenkai sword.

Ceylan: "W-what..."

Gen didn't even have a chance to breathe as more chains were coming. He swiftly blocked them with his sword out of defense.

Gen: "G-guys... A little help here!!."

Chooki: "H-how?!."

Gen: "This is a subspace in the mind!. Just imagine a weapon already!. "

All: "R-right!!. "

We all snapped out of our trance and summoned our weapons. Each takes out one chain at a time. But it wasn't that effective since it kept on coming.

Ceylan: "Man! It just keeps coming!."

As we were fighting I kept sneaking glances at Guren. It was an awful sight. He was crying and letting out more dark energy than I'd ever sensed. He kept whispering to himself. I don't know if the others notice, but I heard him perfectly.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry I'm so weak... You all should leave... Please..."

Ceylan: *thinking* "He's... Apologizing?. Is he... "

Gen: "If this continues we'll literally get killed. "

Chooki: "But if we leave, Guren will get eaten up by that dark energy!."

Toxsa: "What should we do?!. "

We didn't know what to do. Leave? No way!. We can't just leave!.

However, something inside me just clicked me.

These chains are big I'll give you that. But why do they always miss us?. Yeah some of them came an inch to my face, but they still missed.

All of our dreams were connected to Guren's past and how it affected him. But he was always happy when we were around.

Wait... When we were around...

In Gen's dream, fake versions of us kept mocking him and telling him to quit the knights.

I'm certain that Villius was torturing him with those images. Even if we weren't seeing them.

Then that means... What he really wants is...

"CEYLAN! LOOK OUT! "

I didn't even need to look. At that moment I let out the biggest energy arrow that I've ever shot in my life. I looked back at Gen and the others. With a determined smirk on my face.

I know what I have to do...

"Gen! Everyone! Back me up!. I know what to do with this idiot..."