Twenty -Three

Tami🦋
I ran out of the dormitory seeing derin's Jeep parked right out in front, I greeted the gateman before opening the car and stepping in the ac hitting my face.
"Hey Tami, you forgot about our outing right?" Derin asked giving me a chuckle
"Yeah..Sorry about that" I said sheepishly as I watched him drive off.
"It's alright"
"Hey Tami" Amos greeted politely.
"Hi.. I honestly didn't know you were coming to crown lake" I said
"It's all good.. I didn't want to at first, but then Derin was going and I was like why not?" He said causing to chuckle..
He must really like Derin to follow him to the same university.
"So tami, how do you like your dormitory?" Derin asked curiously
"I love itt! It's so big and beautiful.. like for real. Plus my roommate is fucking nice and comfortable to talk to anddd she's a celebrity" I blurted out in excitement causing derin's lips to quirk up in a smile..
"Really? Well I'm happy your roommate is someone that makes you comfortable cos I was starting to worry" he said honestly causing my heart to swell..
"Aww.. you don't have to. I'm a big girl, I can handle myself" I boasted proudly causing the both of them to laugh..
What?
Derin looked at me from the centre mirror "You have a little bit of sauce by your mouth" he pointed out with a smirk.
My eyes widen as I rushingly brought out a tissue from my purse wiping my mouth in embarrassment.
"What about you guys?, how're you finding crown lake?.. Also Derin, did your parents allow you to bring your car to school?" I asked confused..
"This isn't my car tami, it's for Amos" he answered my eyes widening in shock.
Wow!
"He doesn't know how to drive, so I'm using it for the mean time until my dad allows me to finally bring mine to school" he explained causing me to nod my head in understanding.

I knew derin's parents won't be that dumb and give their son a car in his first year.. They were disciplined enough to know how to train their kids, it's what I loved about them..

"Amos and I are roommates so we have no problems, and the people we've met are quite cool"
"You've already made friends? But you just came this morning!" I said in surprise
Trust Derin to be a social butterfly
He gave a proud smile to that shrugging his shoulders. We passed by the boys dormitory, Derin telling me that he stayed in the 3rd rank!
"I honestly thought you'd be in the 5th like me.."I said with a sigh, a bit bummed that we weren't in the same shoes..

"I honestly was supposed to be in fifth, but Amos's parents wouldn't allow it. And I didn't want to room with another person, that's why" he explained causing me to nod my head in understanding.
His phone rang, I watched him pick up an iPhone 12 surprising the hell out of me. He answered the call saying some random stuff before he finally ended dropping it on the dash board.
"You changed your phone?! To.." I said feeling a bit awestruck.
I was still using my Samsung Android.. it wasn't the latest version but it was an okay phone.. I honestly think there was a need to change it.
Derin practically went from an iPhone X to that!
"Yeah.. I figured new school, fresh start" he answered simply.
Why do I feel like derin's slowly changing himself just so he can fit in..
"Wow.. but a twelve? How did you get it?" I asked curiously.
"I bought it" He deadpanned giving me a strange look and I just decided to drop it..
It was his life..

"We're here" He said shortly afterwards.
I looked outside to see that we were in a cafe. It looked really nice, with simple tables and chairs seated out front underneath umbrellas. Derin found a good parking spot, turning off the car as we all got down walking into the cafe. Amos and I found somewhere really nice to sit next to the large glass windows overlooking the front of the cafe as we watched cars park and different people filtering in and out of the cafe while Derin went to get us milkshakes.
"Amos can I talk to you about something?" I asked feeling a bit skeptical.
"Yeah sure".
"Do you feel like derin's changing himself trying to fit in here?" I asked feeling a bit worried my question confusing Amos a bit.
"What do you mean?"
"I just.. it just looks like he's trying to fit in at all costs.."
"It's about the phone isn't it.." Amos said giving me a knowing smile.
"Yeah.. and the car" I answered honestly
"Derin's not trying to fit in or change.. it's just your mind playing tricks on you tami. That car really belongs to me and I can't drive so I gave it to Derin to use for the time being, I'll just carpool with him. Plus he's actually been meaning to change his phone for a while, he bought that phone with his own money. Legal safe money." Amos concluded giving me a small smile causing me to sigh feeling a bit relieved.
"Don't worry tami, derin's still your best friend.. nothing's changed. I promise" he assured me causing me to smile a bit.
"Thanks"..
Derin eventually came handing us our milkshakes as we talked about random stuff laughing and enjoying each other's company. When suddenly a black Mercedes Benz was parked right outside capturing all our attention. We all looked through the glass windows, and it happened in slow motion. Three girls looking extremely expensive with designer shades on their heads came out of the car, one of them holding a white fluffy puppy.