Thirteen

Tami🦋
I was nervous to see Derin, ever since the party I hadn't spoken to him or texted him. I wondered if he remembered what happened that night, what would happen to us? Is our relationship going to change?. I didn't look at where I was going as I bumped into someone.
"Watch where you're going tami" the person said with a chuckle.
Derin?
I looked up from the ground to see that it was Derin who had a teasing smile on his face looking good as ever. My breath hitched as I stared back at him unable to form words.

"Tami?" He called again..
"Sorry about that, I was lost in my thoughts" I shook my head as I watched him laugh softly.
"You're so cutee" he squeezed my cheeks with a smile on his face. I swatted his hands away curiously trying to figure out if he remembered that night from his expressions.

"Why do you keep staring at me like that?" He asked confused..
"Nothing, oh did you get a text message about your jamb center?" I asked immediately changing the topic.
"Yeah. I'm doing mine at this school at lekki, what about you?" He asked curiously.
"Festac" I muttered feeling displeased his eyes widening in surprise.
"Festac?!!, but that's too far.." he said with a pout.
"I know, but my aunty stays there so I'll just spend the entire week there. Plus I love going to her place" I answered with a small smile.
"Alright, but jamb is just for a day.. why spend the entire week?" He asked leaning against the wall his calculating eyes on me.

"I need a break from my mum and sisters" I answered with a groan causing him to chuckle.
"Yeah, I feel ya." He answered.
"So, are you prepared.. I mean our exam is in a weeks time. My mum has been on my neck nonstop about it, can't take it!" I said with a sigh..

"I'm prepared enough.." he answered with a smirk causing me to roll my eyes at his answer.
"Show off!" I pushed his arm causing him to laugh.
"Sorry about how your mum's acting though" he said giving me a Sorry look.
"It's alright.."
He moved closer to me, his actions confusing me when I felt him hold my hand. I looked up at him wondering what he was about to do, and why he was doing this in public.

"One week, I'm gonna miss seeing your face though" he said softly his warm eyes making me weak in the knees.
"We have phones Derin, you can always text me" I said giving him a dumbfounded look trying to lighten the tense mood between us.
He gave a soft laugh to that, subtly licking his lips the action driving me crazy. " it's not going to be the same Tami.." he answered looking at me as he played with my fingers.

I was about saying something when I heard Naomi call him sharply startling him causing him to drop my hand from his moving away from me a bit. My heart broke at what he just did, wondering why Derin was doing all these things with me only to pull away at the next minute.
"Babe, I've been looking all over for you" Naomi whined.
"Sorry.. at least you've found me now" He answered giving her one of his charming smiles dragging her towards his body and hugging her.
I quietly slipped away from them, my eyes watering as I remembered the love stricken look on her face as Derin hugged her close and the way his eyes sparkled at the sight of her.
They never sparked that much when he was with me..
******************************
Festac was still the same as ever, with fabulous hotels that stood tall as high as a sky scraper. The old buildings that had been rented or sold out by the government and built into flats, the funny way they named their streets and roads. I got out of the taxi, as I watched him bring down my bags before driving off. I stood in front of the building , The flat actually belongs to my grandma but she doesn't stay here anymore so my aunt and cousins occupied the house instead.

I climbed the stairs holding my bags on either side of my hands as I looked around. The building had changed a bit though, it was newly painted and the cracks and holes in the walls were fixed. As I continued to climb the stairs, because my aunt's flat was on the third floor I bumped into someone. I was about to fall when I felt the person immediately hold me, my bags although falling to the ground.
"Oh my god, thank you so much" I held a relived breath as I bent down to carry my bags.
"It's alright.. I also wasn't looking at where I was going" the voice said and I was amazed at how smooth and rich it sounded. I finally looked up from my bags only to find myself staring at the most beautiful boy I'd ever laid eyes.
This guy would give Derin a run for his money!!.
My mouth went dry as I drooled over this guy that stood right in front of me, he bent down to help me with my bags giving me a smile causing my eyes to widen in adoration. His smile was so beautiful I wanted to take a picture of it and frame it on my bedroom wall.

"You seem unable to carry all of these, I'll help you.. are you going to the third floor?" He asked snapping me out of my adoring thoughts about him.
"Yeah.. oh you honestly don't have to" I said politely refusing his offer.
"C'mon, it's the least I could do for almost pushing you.." he said causing me to smile..
He's polite too, nice..
"Alright, thanks so much" I said gratefully as he fell into steps with me.
"It's cool, I'm Anthony.. but everyone calls me Tony" he introduced flashing me a smile causing me to blush shyly.
"Tami" I said softly.
"Nice name.." he said giving me a glance causing me to blush more..

Tony was tall and dark skinned with full thick hair. He wasn't skinny like Derin but also wasn't that muscular, just enough to look good on him. He had thin lips with a small nose and his eyes were deep brown, strangely. Both his ears were pierced and he wore a black baggy hoodie on white shorts and flip flops.
Cute.
I didn't even realize that we had already gotten to the third floor, stopping right in front of my aunt's flat.
"Thanks again.." I appreciated deeply.
"It's alright, I'll see you around?" He said sounding more like a question.
"Yeah.. I'm staying for the entire week" I said confused at myself for blurting that out.
"Cool.." and with that he gave me a head nod before walking back down the stairs.
The door opened to reveal my cousin Dazzle, staring at me in surprise before a knowing smirk broke out on her face.
"I see you've met tony.." she said causing my eyes to widen in shock at how she knew that.
"How?.." I stuttered.

"I saw you guys through the peep hole" she said with a shrug causing me to look at her in disbelief.
"What? I heard noises and wanted to check it out" she defended causing me to laugh softly.
"I hear you.. help me with the bags joor" I said stepping into the flat as I watched her pick the other one up before closing the door.
"I'm so happy you're here big cous" she said with a squeal hugging me causing me to laugh.

"So, you know tony Uhn?.." I said bringing him up, curiously looking at my cousin.
"Yeah.. he's the grandson of Mrs Ehrabor.." she answered as she took my bags to her room causing me to follow her.
"The Mrs ehrabor that lives up stairs in the last floor?" I confirmed as I watched her drop my bags on the floor.
"Yes.." she answered sitting on her bed looking back at me.
"Wow, does he stay here?" I asked.

"No, he's here for his jamb exams" she answered as I walked towards her bed sitting on it..
"Hmm.. are you guys close?" I asked
"I guess so, he's friends with kaycee and they hang out a lot so I've talked with him on several occasions." she answered.
"Alright.." I said lying on the bed, thinking about Tony's face.

"This one that you're asking about tony, don't tell me you like him?" My cousin asked looking at me curiously her question shocking me.
"Like him, c'mon I just met him.." I answered looking at her in disbelief.
"Well, it seems that way" she said giving me a look.

"It's not.. stop thinking weird stuff" I said causing her to laugh.
"Alright big cous.. Mum and Pearl went to the market sha, they'll be back soon. Let me get you something to eat" she said walking out of the room.

Festac was already looking good, I think this week was just what I needed.

Authors Note:
Dun dun dunnnn!!!
Tonyyyy, wasn't planned at all for this chapter or YTE actually.. but then as I was writing I felt like being spontaneous and Tami needed a distraction. So walla! We have Tony..

A new addition to YTE!!
I'll post a picture of how he looks like really soon, sit tight guys! Because the drama's just getting started..