Nineteen

Tami🦋
I opened the door to the house, finding my mother in the living room watching her favorite channel (Zee World). King of Hearts running grabbing the keen attention of my mum as she ate a plate of jollof spaghetti.
"Why are you so late young lady?" She asked finally noticing my presence.
I sighed sitting on the couch as I tiredly answered her. " Sorry mum, there was traffic"
"Are you hungry, Your sister made spaghetti?" She asked her eyes not straying away from the TV.
"No, I'm good.."
"Oya, go and take your bath. You're stinking up my living room" she scolded shooing me away from the parlour.
"Mummm..." I whined grudgingly getting up from the couch..
As I walked away from the parlour, I stopped in my tracks remembering that I got into crown lake and that I hadn't told my mum yet.
"Why are you still here?" She asked giving me a scolding look.
"Mum I got an email today.." I drawled out slowly
"Email?.. from who?" She asked dropping the empty plate on the center table.
"Crown lake.." I answered.
Her eyes immediately widened, turning to look at me watching me keenly as she waited for me to continue talking..
"I got in.."I said..
"What course did they give you?"
"Medicine" I answered and she immediately jumped up from her seat in happiness as I watched her dance around the living room singing praises to God.
I gave a small smile as I watched her dance happily, getting into crown lake meant a lot to my mum and I felt proud of myself to see that I didn't fail her..
She moved closer to me a proud smile on her face as she embraced me in a warm hug. My mum rarely hugged me, she wasn't a stiff woman but she was the type that didn't show her emotions all the time..
"You've done well my daughter, I'm so proud of you" she said releasing me from the hug giving me a proud smile..
"Thanks mum"
"Go and take your bath okay, it's already late.. We'll talk more in the morning.. it's obvious that you're tired" she said giving me a pat on the shoulder.
"Yeah I am.. goodnight mum"

I felt so much refreshed after the shower I just had, as I laid down on my bed scrolling through my WhatsApp texts. I went to Kemi's chat, deciding to tell her that I just got accepted into crown lake.
"Hey kems.." I sent
"Tami boo.. what's up? How was your date with tony?" She asked replying.
"It was fun! I enjoyed myself babe.. like he was so romantic and we kissed..goodbye" I typed back
"Ohmygod! Istg babe.. tony is inluvvv with you!" She teased causing me to laugh..
"He's not inlove with me kems.."
"Okay, So did he ask you out?" She sent.
I paused a bit as I read her question wondering if I should tell her or not. I mean Kemi's my best friend and I never hide anything from her, but I don't know if she's understand my current relationship with Tony.

"Well.. technically" I replied
"What do you mean?" She sent seeming confused by my vague answer..
"He found out about Derin" I sent..
"He whattt?! How?!"
"We might have jammed Derin at the mall today and he wasn't so happy about me being with Tony" I explained.
"You've got to be kidding me! Why's that boy always around you? I really do not get it."
"Yeah freaks me out too.. but tony kinda sensed that Derin and I had something going on and he didn't seem to like it.."I explained.

"So what did he say?"
"At first he wasn't sure about us anymore, said he's scared of what might happen and doesn't want to get involved.."
"Well shit." She replied causing me to chuckle.
"Yeah.. but I told him that what I feel for Derin is over and that I really like him and I'm willing to try for his sake" I explained
"Is it really over?.. what you feel for Derin?" She sent..

I sat up on my bed as I thought about Kemi's question. Did I still like Derin? I wasn't sure anymore because after what happened later on this night felt weird between us, plus.. we'll both be going to the same school and be in the same department. I honestly didn't know what to think but one thing for sure is that I liked Tony.
"I honestly don't know for sure babe, but I'm willing to forget about how I feel for him just so tony and I can work out" I replied