Twenty

Tami🦋
I was finally resuming tomorrow and I was nervous about it. My mum finally managed to find a way to pay my school fees. My father's step brother that lived in the states, decided to help sponsor me throughout my schooling in crown lake.
He said that he promised my father while he was on his death bed to take care of I and my sisters and it was finally time to fulfill his promise.
My mum was extremely grateful to him for him extending his hand to our family and he said that it was his duty. He commended my mother for bringing us up really well and praised my efforts into studying medicine at crown lake.
I was also really thankful to him because he sincerely reduced the work load for my mum.
Derin's mum also told my mum that she'll be sending me a monthly allowance of fifty thousand naira.. She said it was the least she could do to assist us and my mum thanked her for her help..
Things were starting to look up for me, I mean my school fees issue had been solved, I don't have to worry about being hungry since a stable amount of money was going to be entering my account every month..
I still felt a bit weird about derin's mum helping me out, but my mum said I should think positive thoughts. She said we weren't sell outs, that this was God's way of looking out for us..
She was right though, God isn't going to come down to help us, he would only use people to do that..

I decided to push all of that to the back of my mind, thinking of the future instead and promising myself to do very well and succeed.
No distractions.
I opened my Instagram, feeling bored and needing to de-stress when a particular post came up on my explore page. I clicked on it directing me to a video which immediately started playing. The video was about a really pretty and tall white girl and it seemed like she was also resuming at crown lake because on her sweater she had the university crest on.
Uhn?.. wouldn't she stand out too much?

I paused the video, going directly to her page. My mouth dropped into the shape of an O as I stared at her IG profile in shock. This girl was insta famous with nearly five hundred thousand followers!
What was she doing in Nigeria?! Let alone going to crown lake university..
Her name apparently was Clarissa, and from my imminent stalking through her page I found out that her step father is Nigerian and is the owner of Lys Oil..
one of the most largest oil companies in all of west Africa!
I took a screenshot of her page, forwarding it straight to Derin. My nerves getting the best of me, if girls like Clarissa attended crown lake then who am I? Am I ever going to fit in?..

Derin immediately replied with a confused emoji wondering why I was sending him a picture of an instagram model.
"She attends our school" I sent..
"Wow!" He replied
"Her father is the owner of Lys oil" I sent
"Wow!" He replied
"Stop saying wow! And freak out with me.." I sent feeling anxiety
"Relax Tami.. why are you even freaking out?" He replied
"Because if girls like her attended crown lake, then.. what about me?.. I'm scared Derin" I sent whole heartedly
"Tami.. baby.. don't be scared. You have me, there's nothing to be afraid of trust me.. I told you I have your back" he replied soothing my raging nerves..
"Really?"
"Really.. now stop stalking this girl and prepare for school.. Tomorrow's the big day tami" he sent
"😂alright big guy.. I'll stop stalking her" I replied
"Good girl.."
"Derin.. promise me something"

"What's that baby?.."
"That whatever happens, we won't let this.. crown lake BS come between us.. that'll we always have each other's backs" I sent as I waited keenly for his reply..
"I promise Tami.." he sent back causing a smile to erupt on my face..
"Did you receive your crown lake crest?" I asked changing the topic..

Apparently crown lake university had a crest which must be worn on our clothes every day except Fridays.. They also had a strict dress codes, No mini skirts or shorts should be worn on school grounds. Tank tops and sleeveless tops were also banned, Strict lockdown rules which all students must adhere to.. No one leaves the dormitory once it's 11pm.. Contrabands like Stove, gas cooker, Iron were also banned.