Sixteen

Tami 🦋
It was finally time to go back home, and I didn't want to. I wanted to stay here with my aunt and cousin and most especially I didn't want to go far away from Tony. This week has been anything but amazing and I enjoyed the well deserved break.

I hadn't seen Tony ever since the day we kissed and I felt like he was ignoring me but my cousin said that he heard from kaycee that he had to go back home due to a family emergency. When I heard the news, I felt really upset because I was hoping to spend the rest of the week with him.

I asked dazzle if she could help me get his number from kaycee, so I could at least check up on him and tell him goodbye but she said he didn't have a phone.
What seventeen year old doesn't have a cell phone?!
It really sucked, it felt like a fairytale. Like a page out of a book, like what had happened between us was just meant to be that week and I decided to push him to the back of my mind and accept the truth.
Tony was just another part of my life that wasn't supposed to happen and felt too good to be true.

My cousin promised to get his number for me, if he eventually came back but I told her not to worry. It wouldn't be worth it, what happened between us stays in Festac and I was already planning on forgetting about it even with how much it hurt me. As I waited downstairs for the taxi to come pick me up, I suddenly remembered meteor. Even if Tony and I didn't get to say goodbye I wasn't going to leave without saying goodbye to his kitten.

I walked to the back of the apartment, finding the shed immediately. Meteor was still there and she was busy drinking her milk from a bowl. I noticed that Tony had already prepared her food for the time he'll be gone with a scheduled time table pinned to the door of the shed.
Aww..
I picked Meteor up, stroking her warm fur already missing her as she meowed in response loving the way I hugged her close. I dropped her down finally, bringing out a piece of paper and pen from my bag deciding to write tony a note.

Hey tony, I hope you're okay.. and if you find this note then I just wanted to say good bye. Thanks for making this week amazing for me, I figured out I wouldn't leave without at least saying goodbye to meteor. I'm not mad at you for not telling me you were leaving at the last minute but.. I miss you.. and I hope to see you soon..          love tami.
I finished writing, folding the note and pinning it to the back of the feeding timetable on the shed. I heard a horn snapping me out of my thoughts and tony, the taxi had already arrived.
I bent down giving meteor one last stroke.
"Goodbye Meteor.."
I said as I finally left..
I'm really going to miss this place..

**************************************************
Kemi was currently in my room as she sat excitedly listening to me talk about this new Chinese series I just started watching on YouTube. It's been a month since I came back home and it's just been like nothing ever happened in Festac.

I hadn't heard from Tony and my cousin said she also didn't get to see him much. She did say he came back the next day after I left but he seemed unhappy and was leaving with all of his things. I asked if the kitten still stayed at the back of the apartment but she said he took Meteor with him.
There was so many mysteries surrounding Tony but I guess nothing was ever meant to happen between us..

I did wonder if he saw my note, or if he still thought about me and our kiss. Since jamb had already commenced, I had a lot of free time on my hands. Derin and I were still friends but we hardly hung out much since Naomi had all of his attention and honestly it didn't bother me like it used to because all that mattered to me was Tony and I missed him so much.

My mum had already started shopping for new clothes since crown lake was resuming really soon, jamb was to release our results in a week's time and I didn't know how to feel about it.
"TAMI!" Kemi shouted startling me and bringing me out of my thoughts.
"Geez! Kemi why did you scream like that?" I said giving her a small frown.
"Where was your mind you this girl? I've been calling you for ages now.." she said folding her arms looking disappointed.
"Sorry kems, I was thinking about something" I answered honestly.