Eighteen

Tami🦋
"Who's that guy Tami?" Tony asked waiting for my explanation. I groaned out loud already imagining killing Derin as I gave tony a small smile.
"He's my friend, but things are currently complicated between us.. look tony I'll explain everything later to you.. I only didn't tell you about him because I didn't want to push you away by talking about him" I explained honestly.
Tony released a deep breath, his eyes on mine as he probably wondered if he should believe me or not..
"I'm serious tony, he's just a friend" I answered.
He finally gave a smile no longer looking doubtful , pulling me close to him causing me to release a relieved breath as I hugged tony close to me.

"I believe you tami, but you have to promise to explain everything later on to me okay.." he said redrawing from the hug.
"I promise." I replied looking up at him.
"C'mon, we've not even started our date yet" he said playfully dragging me in to palms with him infront.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
It was already late and I sat in the front seat of Tony's car which was parked outside of my house. The date was amazing and I had so much fun, Tony made me laugh so hard with his goofy holiday stories and he was really sweet throwing nice compliments at me.
I loved every second spent with him..

"Tami, I want to know everything about that Derin.. you know the guy that seemed to have issues with me" he said causing me to gulp nervously.
"You sure you wanna listen to it now? Cos it's pretty complicated and.."
"Tami, you promised." He said cutting me short.
"Okay.. here goes nothing.." I muttered taking in a deep breath before telling him everything..
...............
"Wow, I don't know what to say.. this is.." he said looking for words to say.
"Crazy, I know.." I completed with a sigh..
"So you're saying you've been inlove with this guy since you were 12?" He asked turning to look at me.
"Yeah" I muttered softly..
"Wow, Tami that's a really long time to be inlove with someone.. I don't think I can top that" he said sounding scared..

"Tony c'mon why will you say that? This is why I didn't want to tell you.." I said with a dejected sigh..
"I'm only saying the truth tami.. he's been your eyes for like let me see 12,13,14, 15,16,17.. Six years tami!" He said as he counted his fingers. "You've known me for how long now tami, just a month.. i don't know tami.. I mean your relationship with him doesn't seem like a one sided thing" he answered.
"What do you mean?" I asked confused
"I mean tami, you're not the only one doing the liking.. that guy likes you too, I just don't understand why he hasn't done anything about it yet"

"He doesn't like me tony, didn't you hear what I said about him dating other girls.." I said
"And I remember you saying they never work out, he always ends up leaving them for stupid reasons. That's because they aren't you sweetheart" he reasoned but I honestly didn't care about that right now..
"So what're you saying tony?" I asked
"I'm saying that I'm not sure I want to be involved in all of this tami.. it seems.. wrong"
"It's not wrong tony, I thought you liked me.." I muttered softly feeling hurt by his words..

"I do tami, I really do.." he answered causing my eyes to light up at the news..
"Really?"
"Yeah.. it's just that with all of this.. I'm not sure you're in a place to like someone else" he answered truthfully.
"That's just stupid tony, it's my heart.. I can like and unlike anyone I want. Forget about what I said about Derin, he doesn't matter to me anymore.. he's just a friend.." I replied firmly.
"I saw how you looked at him at the mall Tami, you still have lingering feelings left for him" he said causing me to sigh dejectedly..

"But I don't want to loose you tony, I honestly like you.. you're cute, fun and you make me laugh.. I find myself being a completely different person around you.. Derin's just a friend and if it's bothering you so much that my relationship with him his complicated then I'll try to set boundaries between us" I answered truthfully..
"You like me?" He asked
"Hmm hmm" I nodded with a small smile causing him to smile too..
"Alright how about we do this.. let's have an experimental relationship" he suggested confusing me..
"How do you mean?" I asked
"Let's date for one week to see if we really are compatible for each other, and if it goes really well and good without any problems then we'll go out for real.. like officially" he explained
"So you're saying.. we won't be a real couple throughout the coming week?.." I asked
"Yeah.. we'll just be experimenting to see how well we'll be as a couple.. like testing the waters" he answered
"So you're going to be my experimental boyfriend for one week?" I asked again causing him to quirk his lip into a smile.
"Yes baby.." he answered causing butterflies to flutter in my tummy at how he called me baby..