Switched Fates

Drew Henituse watched as her husband's lifetime slowly goes away

"No! No! I was- I was supposed to die, not you! Oh god, Deruth! come on please hang on the- the doctors are coming come on okay? Honey please!"

Drew pleaded as she watched her husband take her supposed fate.

Deruth has followed her wife secretly when she said she will go to Harris Village one of the villages in their territory.

Deruth saw as she seemingly put something glowing into the ground near the village.

Deruth saw as she coughed out blood and she looked like she will crack anytime.

Deruth chose to use his knowledge from his family's history.

Deruth chose to break his own plate to heal his wife's own plate.

Deruth chose to die instead of his wife.

"Please...please don't go Deruth please..."

Drew said and Deruth caressed his wife's crying face as he coughed out more blood his plate breaking more and more.

"You were not supposed to die please Deruth-"

Deruth kissed his wife and pat her hair whipping the blood off her face

"I saw...When I switched our plates... You're supposed to die... I got married and our son...I'm a failure, Drew...I'm a bad father and husband..."

Drew panicked more as she saw her husband's line being burned so quickly.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

Drew said as she help her now lifeless body of her husband Deruth Henituse.

After they arrived back home, the whole house is in chaos their Count is dead.

Many people looked at the Countess in pity as she hugged her son who patted her back comforting her life his father who was supposed to live and live his life with his new family.

Drew looked at her son with her son Cale staring back at her with the eyes that looked so familiar to her but she didn't push away and run instead she hugged Cale again.

"I'm sorry... I promised I won't leave you, Cale"

Drew said tears running down her face as clutched his mother's shirt looking at his father's lifeless body.

Ron watched Drew's body as she fainted while Beacrox holds Cale's hand, they watched Ron put Drew to bed while Cale and Beacrox watched.

"Mom..."

Cale said as she watched his mom in her bed while Ron carried him out of the room 

Funeral~

Cale looked at his father's lifeless body in the coffin that is currently being buried with flowers and gold in his coffin.

Drew holds her son's hand trying not to break down and cry in his arms.

People around them cried and some cried fakely hoping to get close to the Countess and the heir of the Henituse.

Cale looked around his childish eyes turning mature immediately analyzing their relatives.

'Bad...'

Cale thought and looked at his mother

'I will protect mom...'

Cale thought and looked at his father's grave and clenching his mother's hand tighter.

Drew looked at her son and hugged him 

"Everything will be fine, Cale"

Drew said and Cale immediately nodded not giving any people a chance, Cale jumps in his mother's arms and hugs her.

"Mom...I want to go back home.."

Cale said and Drew nodded as she watches her husband's grave be covered by dirt 

'Deruth...'

Drew thought and walked away slowly and walked towards her carriage with Ron taking Cale away from her and putting him comfortably in his own sit.

"Let's go"

Drew said and Ron nodded closing the door and signaling to start the carriage. 

Drew looked out the window as they passes Violan who is holding her son's hand as they walk towards their home after buying Basen a book.