eighteen

The sun had set down and Ashley was still in the backyard, uprooting the weeds that had grown along with the flowers

The sun had set down and Ashley was still in the backyard, uprooting the weeds that had grown along with the flowers. Hope watched the older woman from her window and then glanced at the clock.

 It was 5:45 pm.

 She grabbed her denim jacket from the cupboard, put it on and rushed downstairs. She didn't forget to leave a note incase Ashley got worried about her absence. She quietly opened the front door and slipped outside, the cool breeze caressing her hair. A smile graced her lips as she hurried out of the neighborhood. 

She dug her hands in the pocket of her jacket and pulled out the few pound notes she had. That was enough to get her to London. Hope hailed a taxi and got inside hurriedly, excited and terrified at the same time as she pictured Ashley's face after discovering her absence.

 She felt guilty, she had to admit but she couldn't help herself from meeting her friends. She just wanted to check up on them. Hope had written a letter to Daphne Greengrass, asking the pureblood to pass on the letter to Pansy as she couldn't write directly to her.

 She paid the taxi and looked around to see if she can sight Pansy somewhere but the latter wasn't anywhere around. Hope glanced at the clock on her wrist and impatiently tapped her foot against the floor. 

She hated waiting for someone. It was always so torturing.

 "Hope!" She heard a familiar voice and noticed a hand up in the air, waving at her from somewhere inside the sea of people making their way towards her. Hope noticed, London looked too crowdy that very day. The pureblood pushed past everyone and threw herself on Hope who stumbled back but steadied herself immediately, a low chuckle leaving her lips.

 "Merlin! It's so good to see you." Pansy murmured as she pulled back and beamed, her hands resting on Hope's shoulders. 

"I missed you so much." Hope exclaimed and that's when her eyes fell on Theodore who stood behind Pansy, admiring the two from not too far.

 "Hey!" She smiled and took few steps towards him, pulling him in a hug which surprised him a bit. 

"Hey there Hope." Theodore grinned, patting her back lightly before pulling away,"How have you been?"

"Alright I guess." Hope shrugged, not sure on how to respond to that question. 

"I'm sorry I couldn't make it that day. Something very urgent came up and I almost forgot to inform you." Hope apologized, her gaze turning towards Pansy. "Ah, it's fine. Don't apologize."

"So? Wanna get something to drink?" Hope asked the two, earning a nod as a yes.

"What do muggles usually drink?" Pansy asked out of boredom as the three walked to a nearby cafe where Hope usually got her favorite coffee.

 "Water, I'm sure." Theodore responded with a tint of sarcasm in his voice.

 "That's not what I meant." Pansy rolled her eyes and hit him lightly on his arm. 

"He's not wrong though." Hope chuckled making Pansy groan in response. 

"You two make me so sick." Pansy muttered in annoyance making the other two burst out laughing. 

"Hey, we're here!" Hope announced excitedly and pulled Pansy by her arm. It was a small yet cozy cafe which Theodore took an instant liking too as it felt really comfortable in spite of the fact that this was the first time he was at a muggle cafe.

 The three of them sat at the table at the very corner where they could see people passing by on the streets.

 "What would you two like?" Hope asked, her eyes scanning the whole menu to try something new. 

"I don't know. . . you should order for us." Theodore smiled to which Hope nodded and waved at the waitress to have her attention. 

"We would like to order three iced americano."

"Sure." The waitress smiled and hurried towards the counter, leaving the three alone to talk.

 "So. . ." Pansy trailed off, rubbing her hands together,"Did you two miss each other?"

"Yes-"

"Pansy!" Hope groaned and hit the pureblood on her arms,"Shut up."

Pansy burst out laughing and pinched Theodore's pink cheeks who was too embarrassed to speak anything,"Did I just hear you say yes, Mr. Nott?"

"No. . ." Theodore frowned, trying to act oblivious while holding back the feeling to hit Pansy right on her head. 

Hope looked at Theodore who refused to meet her gaze after embarrassing himself which made her smile to herself. Theodore felt really thankful when the waitress interrupted their conversation and placed the three glasses on the table before leaving.

 "Ah, that looks good." Theodore commented, bringing the glass up to his lips. "It tastes good too!" He exclaimed in surprise making Hope smile at him. Hope took a sip and her eyes wandered at the people on the street for a moment.

 Her breath got stuck in her throat and she ended up coughing badly, spilling some of the iced americano on her trousers.

"Hey, are you okay?" Pansy asked worriedly, patting her back lightly.

 "I'll. . ." Hope couldn't help coughing as she got up on her feet and placed the glass back on the table,"I'll. . . be. . . be back."

"Hope!" Theodore called out after her but Hope couldn't listen anything at the moment. She just saw Harry, Hermione and Ron.

 She couldn't believe her eyes. She didn't know why she was so startled and surprised to see him but she just wanted to wish him. 

It was 31st july. Their birthday. 

Hope just wanted to wish him even though it would have been awkward and really out of place. She tried to look for the trio in the crowd but realized that she had lost them. They were nowhere to be seen. 

[ DISCONTINUED]