six

Theodore's blue eyes bored into the hazel ones belonging to Hope. The two stared at each other for a while until Pansy finally snapped her fingers in front of their faces. "What am I missing?" She tried her level best to hide the smirk growing on her face. 

Theodore lowered his eyes, too embarrassed to say anything while Hope wondered if he being all nice to her just because he had to keep an eye on her. It's been a week since the night she had discovered the reason of the boy's uneasiness and theodore's sudden change of heart. Since then, her eyes were devoid of any sleep and her head was clouded with just thoughts and thoughts.

"It's nothing." Theodore's voice finally broke her out of her thoughts making her look at him.

"Stop lying." Pansy rolled her eyes intentionally to piss theodore more than he already was.

"Even if we have something going on, it shouldn't bother you." He stated flatly and leaned back on the emerald couch placed near the fireplace. Hope stared at him in surprise and turned her attention back to Pansy who was now smiling uncontrollably. 

"That means. . ." She trailed off, playfully batting her eyelashes.

"Oh for goodness' sake, I was kidding." Theodore muttered making Hope let out a puff of irritation which didn't go unnoticed by Pansy. 

"Theo." The trio whipped their heads around to find Leo walking towards them with a sly smirk on his face. 

"Oh so you're finally back." Theodore raised his eyebrows and shifted on his spot to give some space for leo to sit. 

"Where were you?" Pansy asked. 

"The Harry Potter was holding tryouts for gryffindor. The whole school was there to watch him carry out his selections. I was one of them." Leo said with no tint of hate or disgust towards the choosen one.

 "Why, I never knew you secretly adored Harry Potter." Hope made a sly remark and regretted the words that left her mouth when Leo looked at her, straight in the eye. His eyes always made her feel guilty for the day she had threatened him and laughed at his misery.

"Oh? I thought you know a lot about me, Miss Hope." Leo bit back with a sickly sweet smile on his face which made her feel utterly uncomfortable.

 "Jeez." Theodore muttered under his breath and with a slap on his knee, stood on his feet,"I'm heading to bed."

"It's five in the evening theo." Leo looked up at theodore who stretched his arms and cracked some knuckles.

"I know, I'm just a bit tired." Theodore asserted and with a last wave, he strolled towards the stairs leading to the dorms.

 "All he did was lie on the couch for the whole freaking day, how can he be tired?" Pansy mostly spoke to herself while Hope was busy glaring at Leo who intentionally kept looking at her. 

"Well guys ─" Pansy cleared her throat to have their attention on her and once she had, she began,"I need your help." Both of them looked at her with a concerned frown on their faces,"I kinda like this girl ─"

"That's nothing new." Leo cut her off in between and chuckled lightly but stopped after noticing how serious Pansy was,"never mind, go on."

"And I think she likes me back as well." Pansy finished with a heavy feeling arousing in her heart.

 "What's the problem then?" Hope placed her hand on her best friend's shoulder. "Father." Pansy breathed out,"He wants me to get married to some pureblood prince and that's obviously going to be a boy."

"Oh man." Leo sighed, lowering his head down a bit,"That's a big problem. There's no way he's going to allow you to get married to a girl."

"She is a muggle." Pansy's voice was barely above a whisper. 

"Merlin." Leo groaned,"You just keep on slashing the chances of getting her."

"I don't understand. Why don't you talk about it to your father ─"

"Are you dumb?" Leo rolled her eyes at her,"There's no way Mr. Parkinson is going to bear a single second of her opinion and choice. It's rubbish for him."

"Leo is right hope." Pansy whispered,"Father loves me but when it comes to our belief and status, he forgets everything."

"If I were you, I would have either ran away or would have said NO to his face." Hope tried to comfort Pansy with her dead humor and it did work when a small smile broke on her face.

"It's not that easy." Pansy's smile withered away reminding Hope of the flower loosing it's petals after loosing the sun.

 "I'm sure we can do something about it." Leo finally spoke up,"But for now, just keep on avoiding him."

Pansy gave a nod and glanced at Hope who had a dejected expression on her face. "Well anyway, what are your plans for hogsemade tomorrow?"

"Nothing." Leo answered,"What about you?"

"I'm going on a date with Liza ─" Pansy sighed heavily. 

"That's awesome." Hope squealed slightly, grabbing Pansy's arms,"I'll help you in getting ready."

"Thanks Hope. And I'm sorry I wouldn't be able to buy chocolates with you tomorrow." Pansy smiled apologetically. "Ah, don't worry about that." Hope smiled, making up her mind to watch on Leo the next day.