fifteen

There was a light commotion in the great hall as students talked about their day and classes

There was a light commotion in the great hall as students talked about their day and classes. At the slytherin table were sat Hope, Theodore, Pansy silently eating their dinner. It was the last day of may which made Hope miss the ice creams she had with david back when she was ten. Her thoughts got interrupted by Pansy's low chuckle as her eyes meddled between her and theodore. "So what's up with you two?" She smirked and it made Hope feel a bit uneasy.

"What?" Theodore frowned at her, badly trying not to end up smiling at Hope's flushed cheeks.

"Stop being so oblivious. I saw you two getting close and all huh? You never got any sweets for me." Pansy faked offense and ended up laughing at Theodore's reddened cheeks.

"There's nothing for you to know about ─" Hope started but got cut off by Pansy who let out a scoff.

"You're fucking obsessed darling." She grinned cheekily and ruffled her hair earning a glare from Hope. "Stop it." Theodore scolded the parkinson and the three of them returned back to their dinner.

Hope's eyes widened in confusion as she watched Leo walking inside. He was a total mess. His eyes were worried, hair all over the place and sweat beads visible on his forehead. She slightly nudged Pansy who was sat on her side and jerked her head towards Leo who took a seat at the farthest corner of the table.

"Merlin, what happened to him?" Pansy spoke making Theodore look up from his dinner and spare a questioning glance towards the girls staring at the older malfoy. 

"He looks stressed." Theodore commented, dropping his spoon on the plate,"Should I go and talk to him?" He turned to the girls, waiting for an answer from them but they kept quiet. 

"What if he just wants to be alone for some time?" Hope predicted,"I mean that's what I want when I'm worried or stressed."

"Alright." Theodore muttered and went back to eating his dinner. "Did you hear the latest news?" Blaise appeared out of no where, taking a seat next to Theodore was kinda startled by his sudden appearance. 

"What?" Pansy questioned, really confused by everything happening around her. 

"Potter attacked Draco."

Pansy and Theodore stared at him in shock while Hope lowered her eyes, too afraid to react in front of everyone. She was beyond confused at that moment. Why would harry attack draco?

"No way." Theodore finally breathed out, sparing a glance at Leo who was silently eating his food.

"Is that why Leo is acting so strange?" Pansy whispered, her heart overcoming with emotions when she noticed the downcasted face of the blonde. "Probably." Blaise nodded.

June came in a blur and Hope found herself missing Ashley and David which made her write a letter to them, apologizing and confessing that she had realized her mistake. The two of them raised her up, treated her like their own daughter and spoiler her with so much love. She could never return the favor they did to her. She sighed deeply on her way to the astronomy tower where she was meeting up with dumbledore. 

"Hope." Dumbledore acknowledged her presence and turned to face Hope who stopped next to him.

"What is it?" She questioned,"That you wanted to tell me?"

"Sixteen years ago, Voldemort attacked your parents at the godric's hollow. James and Lily died saving you and Harry." Dumbledore started but got cut off by Hope.

"I know. Why'd you have to bring that up now?"

"Why couldn't Voldemort kill either you or Harry?" Dumbledore continued calmly,"Lily's love saved both of you. But. . ."

"But what?" Hope had to admit she loved to listen about her parents but not about their deadly fate.

"I kept you away from your brother but it was important. The night Voldemort went to kill you and Harry, a part of his soul divided into two and latched itself onto you and harry."

Hope frowned at his words ; she couldn't interpret what he was trying to convey by recalling the bitter memories of her past.

"Has it ever occurred to you why you once left control yourself when you were fifteen?" Dumbledore questioned Hope only to find her deep in a thought as if she was putting two and two together.

"No." She admitted and felt afraid to listen to dumbledore ahead. She didn't had a good feeling about it.

"You have a piece of his soul." Dumbledore explained and then it hit Hope like a lightning strike. All these past years she had have several instances where she felt as if something wasn't right. When she was six, she could understand what the snake in the backyard of her house was saying. There were certain instances where she lost her control over herself and ended up screaming at anyone for no reason at all. Was it all because she had a connection with Voldemort? Does he have any idea about her?

Hope felt nothing after Dumbledore had finished. She suddenly felt very hot, her eyes burning and welling up with tears that threatened to fall while her breathing hitched. It was too much for her to take. It was a matter of her life and death. Her happiness was at the stake of saving the wizarding world. All her hopes and aspirations of no longer keeping her identity hidden went down in vain. She was going to be alone all along.

"Hope."

That was the breaking point. Hope bursted into tears and clasped her hands over her mouth to stop her rueful sobs. It were killing him from inside but she was too afraid to let that expression linger on her face. She didn't want dumbledore to look at her vulnerable self.

"So are. . . are we a horcrux?" Hope squeaked out, too scared and afraid to hear the truth even though she didn't want her life to be a lie anymore.

"Hope." Dumbledore inhaled sharply, turning his attention back to the clear sky,"I was afraid that keeping you and harry together could be dangerous. I wasn't sure if Voldemort was gone so I had to separate you two for your safety. I couldn't afford loosing one of you because of someone else's mistake." Hope resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the way he was dodging the questions. Hearing faint footsteps, Hope shared a glance with Dumbledore who spoke,"Just listen to me Hope and you'll be alright. You don't need to worry─"

"I'm not a fucking puppet!" Hope exclaimed, feeling extremely hurt and vulnerable to let her emotions out. She found it hard to believe that the man standing in front of her separated her from her blood brother for the mere excuse of their safety. The potter siblings would be safer with each other than with anyone else.

"I know you're upset and you have every right to but don't let your emotions be the one that might be dangerous for you─"

"Do you have any idea how lonely I have felt this whole while? Every night I cried to myself. I just wanted my brother to be with me. I just wanted Harry to be my side, share his sorrow and happiness."

"Professor."

Hope turned around in an instant and stared at Harry who looked quiet shock. Hope didn't had a slightest idea if he heard them but deep down she wished he did. She wiped her tears and with a last glance at Harry who looked at her intently, Hope hurried downstairs.