nine

The time seemed to run like water in one's fist as Hope waited for leo to arrive before the curfew. She paced around while constantly watching out for the sun which was moving towards the west with the passing time. She was about to give up waiting for him when she finally saw him running around the corner and making his way towards himself. "Where were you?" Hope hissed, waiting for him to catch his dying breath.

"Got caught up with draco. Now I can't tell him about you so ─"

"Wait why? I thought you trusted me enough ─" Hope frowned, feeling disappointed for believing the fact that leo malfoy trusted her.

"I do. Draco doesn't." Leo said cutting her off between making her sigh in acknowledgement.

"Anyway, let's go." Muttered Hope and was about to walk away when Leo grabbed her arm.

"What am I supposed to do?" Leo asked dumbly making Hope groan in annoyance,"Come on, you haven't told me what you're on about."

Hope nodded,"Yeah right. You just need to distract Madam Pince for a bit. That's all."

"Why?" Leo questioned and it just irritated hope and more.

"So that I can grab books from the restricted section." Hope gritted.

"And how exactly are you going to walk out with those books?" Leo had to hold back his laughter at how mad she looked. 

"I'll use my bag. And now just get on what I have asked you to do." She shouted a bit harshly and spun on her heels to enter the library. A chuckle left Leo's lips as he followed her behind and stopped by Madam Pince.

"Good evening Madam Pince." Leo said in his usual charming voice which his mother said was the epitome of his royalty. 

"Good evening Mr. Malfoy." The older witch greeted, looking up from the piece of parchment she was reading,"Never thought that you would grace the library with your sudden presence."

Leo chuckled and slicked his hair to the side,"You have no idea how much I love fantasy novels. It's just that I don't feel comfortable here."

"I wonder why." Madam Pince grabbed a quill and made some note on the parchment.

"You know these girls." He whispered, leaning a bit closer to her which Madam Pince raised his eyebrows at her,"They're crazy. They keep on staring at me with that certain dreamy gaze in their eyes and honestly that distracts me. So yeah I don't feel comfortable here. Downside of having good looks you can say."

Madam Pince narrowed her eyes at him but all leo did was give her a toothy smile. He managed to sneak a glance at Hope who was just stepping out from the aisle of the restricted section.

 The librarian was just about to follow his gaze when to stop her, Leo grabbed her hands. Madam Pince stared at Leo in shock whose cheeks had acquired a light red color and his ears felt hot.