sixteen

Hope sat in the common room with pansy on the couch while Leo was on the floor next to her

Hope sat in the common room with pansy on the couch while Leo was on the floor next to her. She constantly tapped her fingers on her knees which drew Leo's attention towards her. 

"Are you alright?" He chose to ask and it startled Hope a bit.

 She held herself up and smiled,"Yes. Of course."

"Okay, stop doing that. It's distracting me." Leo gestured towards her hand placed on her knees and Hope seemingly understood what he was talking about. 

Hearing some footsteps, she turned around to find Draco hurrying out of the common room. She stole a glance at Leo who looked worried watching his brother leave in hurry.

 He stood up on his spot and placed his book on Pansy's lap before speaking,"Please put this back in my dorm. I'll be back in a minute."

Hope and pansy shared a look and went back to what they were doing. No matter how hard Hope tried to ignore the fact that harry might not have heard her and dumbledore but deep down she wished, he did.

 Her heart longed to stay with a family of hers and it had become a desire by then. "I'm feeling sleepy." Pansy stifled back a yawn and got up on her feet,"Are you coming?"

"I'll be here for sometime." Hope answered, earning a nod from Pansy who muttered a faint goodnight and turned towards her dorm. Hope let out a sigh and got up to sit down on the couch. 

She rested her head on the arm of the couch while staring at the fire burning in the fireplace.

"Hope."

Hearing her name being called, she turned her head around to find theodore approaching her with a faint smile on his face. "Hey." Hope smiled, gesturing him to take a seat next to her.

"It's getting late. You should be sleeping." Theodore said, making himself comfortable on the couch. 

"I just wanted to stay here for a while." Hope shrugged with a small smile tugging on her lips. Whenever theodore was around, she found herself feeling much better by watching him smile.

His soft laughter brought solace to her wounds and sufferings. "The fire's going off. Come on you should sleep now." Theodore urged, staring in her tired eyes. 

Hope nodded and stood up on her spot. With a smile, she said,"Good night theodore." And hurried upstairs with her cheeks all red. She had no idea why she suddenly felt so shy and nervous but again theodore always made her feel a different emotion which she couldn't put into words. 

"Good night!" Theodore called out after her, chuckling at her reaction,"Hope."

Inside the dorm, Hope found all her roommates asleep and that gave her a moment to reminisce his smile. She had no idea why she always felt something unusual around him.

 They weren't even that close and yet he made her feel like she was somewhere safe, such a cost and homely feeling he radiated. Smiling to herself, Hope placed her book on the nightstand, kicked her shoes away and dramatically dropped on the bed. 

Life would have been much easier for her if she didn't have any secret which made her heart heavy. She flipped on her side, staring at the moon from her bed and wondered how different her life would have been if her real identity was known. Theodore would have hated her more. Or maybe not, her brain contradicted, he wouldn't have judged her beforehand. 

Her thoughts were interrupted by the reckless sound of a window pane broken into pieces somewhere in the castle. Pansy woke up with a start and looked around to find her other dorm mates sleeping except Hope who shot up straight with an alarmed face.

 "What was that?" Pansy muttered her under breath and threw the blanket away before getting on her feet. Hope followed her to the window and the two of them looked around, trying to figure out if something was wrong.

 The noise came again and this time it was continuous making the two girls jump apart. "What's going on? Should we go out and see?" Pansy's lips quivered as she asked so. The two of her roommates were awake too from the loud noises and were clutching the blankets tightly. 

"Hey, what's going on?" Daphne asked, her eyes meddling between Pansy and Hope. "I don't know. But I think it's safer to stay inside." Hope murmured, afraid that maybe it was the malfoy brothers responsible.

"Yeah, I think that would be better." Pansy agreed. And so the four stayed inside. Unaware of the war leashed outside.

After Dumbledore's death, the whole hogwarts found it hard to move on. Well except the slytherins. Some of them didn't like him anyway including Hope. She thought of the chances to reveal her identity only to Harry but she didn't had the courage to do so. It was the last day of their sixth year and Hope was still debating on whether it would be a good idea to let him know.

 She sighed and exited the common room to roam around for a bit and get some fresh air. She left the castle and made her way towards owlery for no reason at all. She stopped by the staircase after noticing Harry who was descending down.

 Hope passed him but was stopped by Harry,"Hope."

Sucking in a breath, she turned around and looked down at him. "What?"

"What's your last name again?" He asked.

Hope forced a smile before speaking,"I don't have a last name."

"Right." He nodded with a small chuckle escaping his lips,"Alright."

And without any other word he left which confused Hope a lot. She wished he would have tried a bit more. 

a/n: im running out of ideas lol