ten

Hope was sat in the library with her potions book kept open in front of her

Hope was sat in the library with her potions book kept open in front of her. She glanced at her watch and looked over at the door when she noticed Leo finally making his way towards her.

"Sorry, I'm late." He apologized and took out a chair for himself before looking at her. "When are you not?" Hope taunted with a sly smile on her face and decided to let it go as she had much important things to discuss.

"I said I'm sorry." Leo tried to remind her that he did apologize for being late. "Yeah it's fine." Hope rolled her eyes making him frown,"Anyway, I think I might have something that could help us─"

"Really?" Leo widened his eyes in surprise.

"I hadn't finished." Hope inhaled sharply, throwing a glare his way which made him roll his eyes in annoyance,"I took help from Neville. He told me about this dangerous plant called venomous tentacula. It's juice is lethal. And I was wondering if we could ─"

"How is it exactly helpful? We can't send the plant to Dumbledore, now can we?"

"Will you let me finish?" Hope glared at him,"We could sneak the venomous juice in a vial or we could mix up with something else and gift it to dumbledore."

"If we do so, he'll probably suspect that something is up. I mean why would we gift him something?" Leo asked making Hope let out a puff of air.

"We can get something to help us. We can trick them." Hope suggested.

"Who exactly?"

"Maybe. . . . Harry Potter?"

Leo looked at her in surprise to find her extremely calm and normal with her decision which made him sigh.

"That's too dangerous Hope." He finally spoke up.

"I know but we can certainly try." Hope shrugged.

"No." Leo breathed out and stood up on his feet,"This is too dangerous. I'm sorry." With that he walked out of the library leaving Hope behind with a frown on her face.

She picked up her bag and slung it over her shoulders before jogging out of the library. She was nearly out of breath when she reached the seventh floor and stared at the gargoyle in front of her. "Sherbet lemon." She whispered and watched as the gargoyle leaped inside and the wall behind it split in two to reveal a spiral stone staircase. Once she reached the oak door with a brass knocker in the shape of a graffin, she took a deep breath and walked inside.

"Hope." She jumped a bit and distracted herself away from the view she could see through the large window,"I was expecting your visit."

She faced Dumbledore who was seated behind the desk, the usual glimmer present in his eyes.

"I met Leo." Hope got straight to the point,"I kept an eye on him just like you told me to. It was indeed draco who gave the cursed necklace to Katie so that she could slip it in."

"Ah." Dumbledore chuckled lightly as if he found it very amusing,"I knew Draco Malfoy would try his best. It was very smart on his part but it lacked perfection."

"I think I've gained Leo's trust. I offered to help him and even proposed an idea." Hope admitted,"Even though he rejected it because he felt it was too dangerous and naive."

Dumbledore sighed,"You know why I asked you for this favor right? Draco shouldn't be the one to kill me ─"

He stopped midway when he heard some voices from the outside and motioned Hope to hide herself behind a pillar. She peeked through to find Harry entering the office and Dumbledore welcoming him with a smile.

"You wanted to see me professor." Harry spoke which got Hope curious but she decided it wasn't much of an importance at that moment.

"Ah yes Harry." Dumbledore nodded,"Come with me." He led Harry to the black cabinet besides the golden perch for fawkes and it got Hope in a dilemma whether to eavesdrop or just leave. At last, she decided it was better if she left so that's what she did.