eight

The news about Katie Bell being cursed had horrified the whole hogwarts

The news about Katie Bell being cursed had horrified the whole hogwarts. Hope's thoughts mostly consisted of theodore and draco malfoy who had literally cut him off from everyone around him. He didn't made any snarky remarks when she would try to indulge herself a conversation with him or his friends. He had been very quiet ever since the start of the year and it was bothering her very much. 

On the other hand, her and Theodore were getting more and more comfortable around each other. They spent a lot of time together ─ whether they talked about everything and anything or complete their essays. 

The dying sound of the fire broke Hope out of her thoughts as she sighed and got up from the couch in the common room. She looked around ─ she was all alone and she couldn't blame anyone as it was midnight and she was the only one who couldn't sleep. 

Hearing some footsteps, she laid down on the couch and pretended to be asleep. When the sound started becoming faint, she opened one of her eyes to find Leo walking out of the common room. 

Without a waste of a single second, she quietly followed him out. When the familiar hallways came in front of her, she realized that it was the way to the kitchen. She peeked through the door to find Leo grabbing a fruit from the fruit basket. 

Should she just confront him and ask him if he was the one behind the cursed necklace given to katie bell?

"Oh, Hope." Leo faced her and smirked on seeing the alarmed look on the girl's face. "What's wrong?" He continued further,"Potter?"

Hope stared at him wide eyed, her heart acquiring a fast pace while a surge of adrenaline shot through her whole body. It would be an under statement when one would say she was shocked ─ she was completely baffled. 

"How do you know?" Hope whispered, taking a step inside and stopped in front of him,"How?"

"Ah, you're a curious little girl aren't you?" The smirk never died off his face as he poured himself some firewhiskey.

 "Just answer me will you?" Hope felt desperate to find out how he knew about her true identity. A fear of him revealing her true identity to everyone just made her more afraid as the time passed by.

 "What do I get in return?" Leo raised his eyebrows at her and brought the glass closer to his lips.

 "Cut the shit will you?" Hope shouted at him and clenched her fists in anticipation if she should just punch the hell out of his annoying face. Leo ended up laughing which just made Hope feel an intense amount of anger for him but she resisted the urge to knock him off.

"Last year." Leo finally began making Hope calm down a bit and listen intently,"Pansy gifted me a muggle book. And you might have heard about my love for fantasy books, be it muggle or not. I have no idea if she stole that book or asked a friend for it."