eleven

The long, lilac colored dress hung loosely on Hope's figure as she stared at herself in the mirror, lost in a sea of thoughts which took up most of her attention

The long, lilac colored dress hung loosely on Hope's figure as she stared at herself in the mirror, lost in a sea of thoughts which took up most of her attention. Pansy entered the dorm and cocked her head on one side when she found her best friend standing as still as a statue while her eyes were fixed on herself in the mirror.

"Hope?" She cleared her throat and passed a small smile as Hope turned towards her with a nervous smile on her face,"Are you okay?"

"Oh yes. I am." Hope replied immediately and tied her hair in a messy, loose bun flaunting her cheekbones and prominent jawline. Pansy sighed ; finding herself stuck in a dilemma as she had noticed how indifferent Hope has been since past few days. 

"Well, how do you feel to have theo as your date?" Pansy decided on letting the matter go as happiness mattered more to her. 

"Excited. Nervous." Hope chuckled lightly and bit her lip in anticipation,"He looked so happy when I asked him out."

"I think he likes you as well." Pansy admitted, getting herself seated on the bed with a pillow on her lap.

 "Really?" Hope said in a surprised tone and put on her black heels.

"Yeah. . ." Pansy trailed off,"He seems happy these days, even without a reason. Earlier he used to be lost in his own little world. He hardly made an effort to engage himself in a conversation but this year, things seem a bit different. It feels so nice to find him finally enjoying himself."

Hope smiled at Pansy's words and bade her a goodbye before exiting her dorm to meet theodore in the common room. As she walked down the stairs, her eyes met with Daphne Greengrass standing near the couch, probably waiting for Blaise.

"Hey." She greeted Hope which made Leo look up from his essay he was completing. His eyes took in her appearance and he found himself staring at her so he immediately lowered his eyes before anyone pointed it out.

"There he is." Blaise said as he motioned towards Theodore rushing downstairs, afraid he kept Hope waiting for too long. "Sorry, I kinda slept in." He apologized for being late, earning a smile from Hope who muttered a quick it's okay.

Being in a hurry, he didn't notice how breathtaking Hope looked and he took a moment to admire the lilac dress of hers which added to her heavenly beauty. A strand of her loose hair covered the corner portion of her forehead while the rest of them were tied in a bun, secured by a lilac ribbon.

 "You look beautiful." He finally spoke up after what felt like an year to Hope as she waited for him to come out of his dreamy trance.

"You don't look bad yourself." She smiled heartily,"Let's go?"

"Yeah sure." Theodore nodded and debated on whether he should hold it out his hand for her as a gentleman but Hope didn't give him the chance as she linked her arms with him and pulled him a bit.